Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Car Voting System, Just a little thought
Droopz90IROC
Forum Junkie
Group: Moderators
Member No.: 108
Car Profile: Available
Posted:Jan 22 2003, 11:41 PM
I love the fact that we can have our car's rated by our peers. I was just wondering how we where going to take into account people working and modding their cars.

I would imagine a fairly stock car getting say a 3-4, but what hapens when he drops a 671 Roots blower with a 550 shot of N2O (MUCH respect). How would we all show a appreciation in the votes?

I know this may be pushing to limits of our capasities but i thought id mention it anyway...

--------------------
user posted image
If bottles are for babies... How come your the one crying?
Check out my N2O fed Camaro IROC!!

mx68u
Admin
Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
Posted:Jan 23 2003, 07:28 AM
i suppose i could add a reset vote feature in the car manager, can any1 see any real problems with this... i suppose it would resolve the issue your describing droopz? smile.gif

mx68u
Admin
Posted:Jan 23 2003, 07:29 AM
another thing.. i think i gonna make it so ppl cant vote for there own cars.. it will prevent the 5star rating from just 1 vote unless the car is really nice.. cmon we a all bias... i voted 5 on my car biggrin.gif

redneckmx6
I see you...
Member No.: 133
Posted:Feb 24 2003, 11:54 PM
I don't know if this would push the limits, but how about a spot where people can comment on your car so you can see their thoughts?

--------------------
Yes it's a turbocharged FE3, (soon on the bottle) and NO you can't drive it
WARNING: Does not play well with others (it seems others have a problem with losing)
My Beast
posted by 90tx5
cheers
you r like the car god on this forum

Fake_HDT
Group: Members
Member No.: 128
Posted:Feb 25 2003, 12:37 PM
That sounds like a sweet idea!!! biggrin.gif... but you can pretty much do that with private msgs...... unless you mean a place where other people can see other peoples thoughts!! or somethin like that! like a notice board of comments!!!??

--------------------
Please can you stop the noise i'm trying to get some rest, from all the unbornchickenvoicesin my head

mx68u
Admin
Posted:Mar 4 2003, 12:55 PM
i was actually integrating a guestbook on everyones profile.. so basically what would happen is when you create your profile it will automatically make a thread with your car details in a specific forum so that ppl can comment about it... then perhaps i could add a summary of the last 5 comments in the acutal profile along with a link to the thread...

i need to know if this will be a good improvement, sure it will integrate the forums into the site more but will ppl be actually using this feature.. let me know smile.gif

redneckmx6
I see you...
Member No.: 133
Posted:Mar 4 2003, 01:01 PM
I, for one, would love to hear people's thoughts, comments, likes/dislikes on my car...............even though I know the truth......my car is awesome. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Yes it's a turbocharged FE3, (soon on the bottle) and NO you can't drive it
WARNING: Does not play well with others (it seems others have a problem with losing)
My Beast
posted by 90tx5
cheers
you r like the car god on this forum

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
8 replies since Jan 22 2003, 11:41 PM

<< Back to Requests and Feedback