Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

$12,000 For A Vn, "Bull SH!T"
Fake_xu1
GMHOONS
Group: Moderators
Member No.: 138
Car Profile: Available
Posted:Aug 14 2003, 12:48 PM
Oi Damo.... firstly why did your bro sell his commo!? that was a sweet first car and had heaps of potential! soooo give him a fat lip from me when you see him!

!secondly! WHAT THE..... i saw it in the car yard in the city with a $12000 sticka on it! JESUS there is no way a 1989 VN Holden Commodore can be worth that much, its a nice car but come on! Seriously car yards are havin a laugh whe it comes to old commies, just accross the road there is a stock 1987 vl calais for $10000 rip.gif i give up!

The only thing i can think of with regrads your bro car is that the dealer really thinks its a VR (cos of the kit?)
Seriously how much would you guys value a VN V6 (yes i said 6) manual, with a kit and new paint and rims? you can pick up a mint condition VP SS for less than that! or a series 2 VR......

k, i had my bitch! icon4.gif

--------------------
28 days... 6 hours... 42 minutes... 12 seconds

mx68u
Admin
Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
Posted:Aug 14 2003, 12:55 PM
i will never purchase anything from a car yard, any car enthusiast with an idea i pressume would do the same.. unless there is some sort of unbelievable deal...

back after i sold my old commo for a 45% profit cool2.gif i was looking at getting an early 90 model daihatsu charade (er... i was keen on the G100 twin cam turbo intercooler jap race engine conversion with semi forged internals and massive injectors STOCK lol) i came across one at a dealership as i was just walking past from car auctions...

now keep in mind the 90 model charades when i was looking at them were going for 5k tops in the tradingpost for a 1.3 4 cyl injected version, this one happened to be the el cheapo model (3cyl carbie) which usually go for around 4k tops. Anywayz this nice stocky lil charade had a price tag of $11,999 laugh.gif

anywayz 12k for a VN i can understand at a dealership if its modded quite a bit.. a stocker tho shutup.gif

ODIN
KLZE next year????
Member No.: 13
Posted:Aug 14 2003, 01:17 PM
only good thing about car yards, is title is guaranteed, (or its supposed to be) and maybe warranty.

--------------------
mx6.com
My 2nd Gen MX6 Profile

Fake_xu1
GMHOONS
Posted:Aug 14 2003, 02:39 PM
yeah..... warranty, guarentees.... mad.gif my advice.... make sure you read the small print! i got done over! i bought my yellow thing from a dealer (who shall not be named.... *cough* 'inner city motors'..... *Bless me*) and decided to purchase an extended warranty.... anyway a month later my #6 piston pressure dropped to like 10psi or some sh!t, which isn't good! it was looking at costing around $800 to fix, so i went back to the car yard (w@nkers) who simply informed me that the car was more than 10 years old and could be the result of "wear and tear"! so basically i didn't have a leg to stand on! cos it was written somewhere in the warranty! anyway i'm over it now! but the war has just begun! evil.gif

so yeah if you are lookin at buying a p4mnce car of any sorts, i agree with mx68u, don't go to a car yard, buy it privately, atleast then u know where they live and u can seek revenge at a later date! lol innocent.gif

--------------------

ODIN
KLZE next year????
Posted:Aug 14 2003, 09:10 PM
Dont get me wrong, I'd buy privately too, unless I had the money for a new NICE car.

This post has been edited by ODIN on Aug 14 2003, 09:10 PM

--------------------
mx6.com
My 2nd Gen MX6 Profile

mx68u
Admin
Posted:Aug 14 2003, 10:34 PM
I know exactly what you mean ux1, my mates 2nd car was purchased at a dealership and he had major issues claiming under the warrenty, the fine print pretty much renders 90% of the repairs your likely to run into completely uncovered, so in my eyes warrenty is worth shit all..

i know having a new would be fantastic putting on the first 10,000 kms, doing regular services and of course that new car smell. But id really only ever buy a car brand new if i was loaded off my nut, otherwise id just buy a better newish 2nd hand car (my idea of new second hand is like 6 months to a year old).... you just save so much money its unbelievable.

Also another thing worth noting.. last 2 cars i was about to buy i got them checked up, not a shitty NRMA one but a proper one (cost around $150) but it saved me from buying two lemons...

the type of tests they did were amazing, really they go over every lil part of the car taking down the most minor cracks in the spolier to compression readings, air con cond, water cooling system, paint thickness etc etc etc etc etc.... I was amazed with the amount of shit they came up with both cars...

ODIN
KLZE next year????
Posted:Aug 14 2003, 10:51 PM
hehe I had a mx6 checked by Sydney vehicle check, when I was up there looking. Turns out that the back 1/3 of the car had been cut off and replace. I was out of there pretty quick. Rust in the back , not well done. Always get the car inspected.

--------------------
mx6.com
My 2nd Gen MX6 Profile

mx68u
Admin
Posted:Aug 15 2003, 04:22 AM
svc are the guys i used, both times they did an amazing job... too good in fact.. i seriously doubt id get any car after they inspect it hmmmm

Cordial
Group: Members
Member No.: 113
Posted:Aug 18 2003, 11:53 PM
The VN in question started with a $10,000 price tag on it, then after there was a lot of interest in it, they put the price up to $12,000. And I think it has now been sold, cause I haven't seen the car there for a few days.

Fake: Damo's brother sold the car to buy a SATRIA GTi....

--------------------
"When the clutch drops, the buillshit stops."

Fake_xu1
GMHOONS
Posted:Aug 19 2003, 01:21 PM
Cordial..... yeah i found out last night that he took out a loan and bought some bubble GTi.... two words, "Dick Head..... and there are plenty more where that came from!" lol

--------------------

Lowkee
Occasional Poster
Group: Members
Member No.: 129
Posted:Aug 19 2003, 03:50 PM
Yes yes. I must say that all this is because of my brother. He did it all. I gave him my advice and he still did it but hey. It was his call.

I can confirm it has been sold. I don't know who to but I saw it down at Cas the other day. I know that it was mean but I revved as I went passed and set off his alarm. I probably shouldn't have done it but I had just come home from 10 days at sea and I wasn't in the mood for any shit. Anyone who paid 12 for that car deserves it.

--------------------
Was it... Erotic?

Fake_xu1
GMHOONS
Posted:Aug 20 2003, 03:23 PM
yeah, he deserves it.. aswell as a smack in the mouth! cos now every dealer in darwin (being so small) is gonna charge a mint for old commies.. cos every mummys boy wants one and will pay anything for them! mad.gif

--------------------

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
13 replies since Aug 14 2003, 12:48 PM

<< Back to Northen Territory