Pages: (2) [1] 2  
Cheap Imports
ODIN
KLZE next year????
Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13
Car Profile: Available
Posted:Nov 9 2002, 07:20 AM
Just noticed you can get some pretty good imports in Aus nowadays.

Ie :

91-92 TT Soarer around 15000 wholesale
94-96 FTO 16000 - 17000 wholesale
91 300zx 15000

Almost tempts me sometimes, especially the FTO

--------------------
mx6.com
My 2nd Gen MX6 Profile

Tas71e
Local Slut!
Group: Members
Member No.: 20
  Posted:Nov 9 2002, 10:12 AM
if i was to get an FTO i would only go for the MiVec spec i hear otherwise they are not that good on performance anyway smile.gif

--------------------
Personally i prefer to insert my nitrous {N20}
rectally for the addded head buzz and long lasting effect

MY CAR PICTURES IN MEMBERS SECTION, VOTE!

mx68u
Admin
Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
Posted:Nov 9 2002, 11:35 AM
also can score

Pulsar GTiR (91 - 93?) $16000

landed and under full compliance biggrin.gif

those cars you mentioned require a few grand to get compliance eh?

ODIN
KLZE next year????
Posted:Nov 9 2002, 09:25 PM
Those prices are complianced. I have seen them on www.prestigemotorsport.com.au Heres an example from their mailing list.

The following vehicle has just come into stock with a supplier in Japan for 510,000 yen FOB. The total cost in Australia is estimated to be $15,300 plus tyres, Govt. stamp duty and registration (normal licensing costs for any vehicle). Shipping, import duties, GST, compliance and our service fee are all included in the estimate.

1994 Mitsubishi FTO GPX Mivec
Tiptronic auto
55,000 kms
Stock standard and clean

Condition notes: Good overall condition. Interior is excellent. Some blemishes on the front and rear bumpers. RHR quarter panel has some scratches. Door inserts are red, these will be put back to factory condition before shipping.

Nearly impossible to get a Pulsar GTiR now. Almost all compliance plates have been sold, you can't import them under the new system.

Attached Image

Attached Image

--------------------
mx6.com
My 2nd Gen MX6 Profile

Rodhog
Member No.: 19
Posted:Nov 10 2002, 12:28 PM
15-000 your joking I can get an R33 GTS -T for that price

All pip off prices laugh.gif

--------------------
Winning is Winning
Fair or not
Perform on the Day
It's wasn't Me

RODHOG PROFILE

mx68u
Admin
Posted:Nov 10 2002, 12:59 PM
jesus... at least when my mx6 dies i'll have heaps of great alternatives biggrin.gif

where abouts do ya shop for your imports rod? tongue.gif

ODIN
KLZE next year????
Posted:Nov 10 2002, 04:00 PM
I can beat ya on that so there!!! tongue.gif Looky here:
The following vehicle has just come into stock with a supplier in Japan for 393,000 yen FOB. The total cost in Australia is estimated to be $13,300 plus tyres, Govt. stamp duty and registration (normal licensing costs for any vehicle). Shipping, import duties, GST, compliance and our service fee are all included in the estimate.

1993 Nissan R33 Skyline Gts-t Type-M
Automatic
White
71,000 kms
CD stacker
17" white mag wheels
Aftermarket exhaust
Bodykit

Condition notes: Front spoiler cracked. Paint chip in the driver's door

Attached Image

Attached Image

--------------------
mx6.com
My 2nd Gen MX6 Profile

ODIN
KLZE next year????
Posted:Nov 10 2002, 04:06 PM
Heres a GTiR i found 2 : The following vehicle has just come into stock with a supplier in Japan for 335,000 yen FOB. The total cost in Australia is estimated to be $13,900 plus tyres, Govt. stamp duty and registration (normal licensing costs for any vehicle). Shipping, import duties, GST, compliance and our service fee are all included in the estimate. Compliance would have to be undertaken in QLD. This can all be arranged for customers in other States, with the vehicle transported to them once completed.

1991 Nissan Pulsar GTiR
4WD 2L turbo (SR20DET)
5 speed
Gunmetal grey
Approx. 100,000 kms (odometer shows 54,000 kms)
Boost controller
Turbo timer
Air pod
Lowered suspension

Condition notes: Mechanically fine and very quick, but body needs a little work - driver's door needs a re-spray, right side of rear bumper needs repair. Interior is in good condition.
Found these both on the mailing list I mention before.

Attached Image

Attached Image

--------------------
mx6.com
My 2nd Gen MX6 Profile

Rodhog
Member No.: 19
Posted:Nov 10 2002, 06:32 PM
I shop in Bankstown and any where you see any Imports biggrin.gif

--------------------
Winning is Winning
Fair or not
Perform on the Day
It's wasn't Me

RODHOG PROFILE

mx68u
Admin
Posted:Nov 13 2002, 01:40 AM
sorry guys.. was trying out something new and decided to split the thread into two since it went off topic on how the nsw modified car scene started, lost the posts.. dry.gif

Lee
Occasional Poster
Member No.: 83
Posted:Nov 15 2002, 03:09 PM
yeh jap imports are nice and amazingly quite cheap to buy -its something to consider for there price and advanced performance. smile.gif ive noticed there's a lot of imports from the nissan department you can get which are speedy in performance - i was wondering if anyone knows the specs on a nissan bluebird sss altesa - what i know so far is that they come in two engines types one is a 2.0l sr20det and the other something less powerful which i think is a 1.8l smile.gif
wtf brezzing thru the jap imports scene recently and i've noticed there's no lancer gsr early Evo series 1, 2 or 3 gsr's for sale. infact i think no jap import places sell them as im told know one can compliance them here in oz atm. Well not lately but defiantly in the past i'd had seen sum lancer evo's right in our teritory driving around on the streets and i mean the original evo's not sum fake one with a bodykit on it -which comes to my question- how did these people purchase them?

ODIN
KLZE next year????
Posted:Nov 16 2002, 07:03 AM
They might of come through the personal import loophole. If you live in another country and own a car there for 12 months(used to be three months) you can import your car as a personal import. BTW the bluebird Altessa 4wd is no longer importable. Whats here us what you have with that model

--------------------
mx6.com
My 2nd Gen MX6 Profile

Peaknhard
Civic Type-R
Group: Banned
Member No.: 6
Posted:Nov 18 2002, 04:54 PM
yeah thos bluebird SSS kick arse
unfortunately it comes out factory in oz in a crappy underpowered model as u mentioned so we cant get the SR20DET model's here
I hear ya about the EVO lancer's i used to see a few in oz remember the cordia days? ahhhhh
probably the same thing aplies here

--------------------
"Peaknhard Bro, PEAKnhard"

Lee
Occasional Poster
Posted:Nov 18 2002, 08:31 PM
personal import loophole sounds ok - well yeh just tobad to hear that you got to live in overseas country for 12 months compared to 3 months. yeh dam laws-laws-laws you just cant escape! shame that you cant import the jap version bluebird SSS-we here in oz always seem to bloody miss out on all the best jap performance cars can offer -bugger. i mean just next door to oz is new zealand, iv'e heard you can basically import any car if you live there-those lucky bastards. wink.gif
yeh certainly back in the good old cordia days were the times iv'e seen the EVO's - hmm come to think about it i guess they probably got them through the personal import loophole which was set at 3 months back then as odin has pointed out. now due to 12 month living overseas - times have changed and thats why iv'e seen no EVO's recently.

ODIN
KLZE next year????
Posted:Nov 19 2002, 07:01 AM
Note there are some Japanese spec Bluebird SSS 4wd Altessas here. Its just that they are very rare. Need to look for a while to find one.

--------------------
mx6.com
My 2nd Gen MX6 Profile

Lee
Occasional Poster
Posted:Nov 21 2002, 01:00 AM
yeh i agree japspec bluebird sss are very rare.. in fact i've only came across one for sale and it was quite expensive.

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
18 replies since Nov 9 2002, 07:20 AM
Pages: (2) [1] 2 
<< Back to Off Topic