ODIN
KLZE next year????
Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13
Car Profile: Available
Posted:Oct 31 2002, 12:38 PM
http://www.hsv.com.au/vy/showcars/main.asp

Have a look at hsv's /holdens soon to go into production showcar:) drool
Now why cant u Americans build a car like this?

ps takes a min to load.

--------------------
mx6.com
My 2nd Gen MX6 Profile

Brandon696
The Street Racing Super Trooper
Group: Members
Member No.: 34
Posted:Oct 31 2002, 02:22 PM
that is a pretty noce car. we have lingerfelter, callaway, hennesy, any of which would bust the hell outta that!

Brandon ph34r.gif

--------------------
'Go Forth and Teach the Ways of the Six'
www.mx6.com
Anything you wanna know about the six Anything you wanna know about the RX-7
www.rx7club.com

1994 Mazda MX-6

ODIN
KLZE next year????
Posted:Oct 31 2002, 02:26 PM
Yah reckon!. Pitty the only decent rwd Coupe GM America makes now is the corvette smile.gif

This is a factory backed car 2:) Holden here owns part of HSV. Anyway its all good.

--------------------
mx6.com
My 2nd Gen MX6 Profile

Rodhog
Member No.: 19
Posted:Oct 31 2002, 02:47 PM
You want to know some thing about the Vette the models after the ZR-1 which was lotus enhanced with quad -cams, well I saw one and was shocked
still live rear (Us aussies finally got IRS in98 for all models but had it in 92 in out own family cars) if has balsa wood floor to save weight (ever one else woudl use aluminiumor carbon fibre ) has fly by throtle response system =HI-tech. But one I have not been able to prove soem one said it ran leaf springs in back somthing I don't think is true but could be wrong? I think any HSV could kick any of the US made GM's or Even Fords new FPV cars could take there own ford Mustang. which look alright but car totally crap, drove one and auto import RHD conversion convertable with the 5.4L nice motor gearbox not bad but you coudl see the bits of the bash made in Aus and the factory doors wre going to fall off.
We might think Aus quality is crap but compared with some it ain't that bad. I rthink Executive/ taxis base models equal 2nd from top Us made stuff but then again the Honda Accord is mad in the US and it's great quality but the headlights don't suit Aus at all, piss poor. Kingswood light do better lighting up the ROOS in outback QLD.

--------------------
Winning is Winning
Fair or not
Perform on the Day
It's wasn't Me

RODHOG PROFILE

Brandon696
Posted:Nov 1 2002, 01:42 AM
i believe lingerfelter would be my fav.
user posted image
brand new for 2004!
this is the Lingerfelter 427 CID Twin Turbo Corvette C-5 cool.gif

Brandon ph34r.gif

--------------------
www.mx6.com
www.rx7club.com

1994 Mazda MX-6

ODIN
KLZE next year????
Posted:Nov 1 2002, 01:04 PM
How is it holden can build a coupe for a budget of 30 million USD and GM america can't manage to justify a coupe like the camaro in a market 10-15 times as big? smile.gif

BTW that Lingerfelter coupe does look schmick smile.gif . How much does it retail for?

--------------------
mx6.com
My 2nd Gen MX6 Profile

Brandon696
Posted:Nov 1 2002, 01:08 PM
im not sure and ive totally forgotten the site at where i found it. sorry.

Brandon

--------------------
www.mx6.com
www.rx7club.com

1994 Mazda MX-6

ausgt-r
Member No.: 79
Posted:Nov 2 2002, 11:17 PM
QUOTE (Rodhog @ Oct 31 2002, 03:47 PM)
I think any HSV could kick any of the US made GM's or Even Fords new FPV cars could take there own ford Mustang

Please tell me your joking right?? laugh.gif . You obviously know that the Holden/HSV get their engines from Chev right? you only have to look at a HSV GTS and a C5 or Z06 and see which is more aerodynamic. Did you know that the Z06 does the 1/4 mile in mid to high 12's?....compared to a HSV GTS that struggles to get below 13.4(don't tell me that HSV quotes 13.1, noone has gotten anywhere near that).

You obviously know little of the US cars.

Oh and btw, the new O3 Cobra's do the 1/4 mile in 12.8's, that has been proven. When did a aussie built ford do that??

Brandon696
Posted:Nov 3 2002, 01:48 AM
QUOTE (ausgt-r @ Nov 2 2002, 08:17 AM)

laugh.gif you got owned!! laugh.gif

Brandon ph34r.gif

--------------------
www.mx6.com
www.rx7club.com

1994 Mazda MX-6

ODIN
KLZE next year????
Posted:Nov 3 2002, 09:42 AM
QUOTE (ausgt-r @ Nov 3 2002, 12:17 AM)
. You obviously know that the Holden/HSV get their engines from Chev right? you only have to look at a HSV GTS and a C5 or Z06 and see which is more aerodynamic. Did you know that the Z06 does the 1/4 mile in mid to high 12's?....compared to a HSV GTS that struggles to get below 13.4(don't tell me that HSV quotes 13.1, noone has gotten anywhere near that).

Oh and btw, the new O3 Cobra's do the 1/4 mile in 12.8's, that has been proven. When did a aussie built ford do that??

Ahem. Clears throught:

You do know that the HSV HRT 427C (Ie the car I linked to.) will do the 1/4 mile in 11.7 sec and 0-100 in 4 secs? And this car will be built:D

--------------------
mx6.com
My 2nd Gen MX6 Profile

ausgt-r
Posted:Nov 3 2002, 11:14 AM
*sigh* So your trying to compare a car that has not even been built yet....or tested against cars that are available now?

Have you ever heard of lingenfelter haven't you? If you did you would know that they produce Corvettes that can do the 1/4 mile in the high to mid 9 sec...that's over [I]TWO[I] seconds quicker then the HRT. These cars a street legal and come with full warranties. Your HRT 427 has to pass ADR which means it probably won't be as powerful as the car on show.

Still want to argue? laugh.gif

ODIN
KLZE next year????
Posted:Nov 3 2002, 12:43 PM
QUOTE (ausgt-r @ Nov 3 2002, 12:14 PM)
*sigh* So your trying to compare a car that has not even been built yet....or tested against cars that are available now?

Have you ever heard of lingenfelter haven't you? If you did you would know that they produce Corvettes that can do the 1/4 mile in the high to mid 9 sec...that's over [I]TWO[I] seconds quicker then the HRT. These cars a street legal and come with full warranties. Your HRT 427 has to pass ADR which means it probably won't be as powerful as the car on show.

Still want to argue? laugh.gif

Yes I do biggrin.gif

1. This car is being built
2. It is an inhouse car, its not an aftermarket tuner job. Can you say that for GM in America?? NO. Can you walk into a GM dealer and buy this thing off the lot? I don't think so.
3. Seems like most the engine packages that lingenfelter have are twinturbo or supercharged. goto http://www.lingenfelter.com
and have a look yourself, the 427 is Naturally aspirated, If you went to an aftermarket tuner here and wacked on a TT or a supercharger then it'd go even faster.

My main point is it's a good car and Factory built, whereas this lingenfelter thing is not. The lingenfelter looks like a good car dont get me wrong. I think you should just give the 427 HRT the respect it deserves. Its not a POONSY car is it!???

--------------------
mx6.com
My 2nd Gen MX6 Profile

ausgt-r
Posted:Nov 3 2002, 01:09 PM
Who cares if a car has forced induction or N/A rolleyes.gif . The HRT uses the Corvette C5R race engine, and most of the goodies from the HRT V8 supercar racing team, it is NOT a holden product it is being built by HSV and HRT. Basically apart from the monaro shell, it isn't a holden/hsv. No different to the lingenfelter cars

ODIN
KLZE next year????
Posted:Nov 3 2002, 01:20 PM
Incase you didn't know. The car was designed AND built by HSV and Holden. It does use some HRT parts. For Your information
Holden owns 49% of HSV. So it is still a factory car.

Who cares if its NA or TT? Well I was just saying that because the car has more potential if taken to an aftermarket
tuner Ie similar to lingenfelter in the USA.

--------------------
mx6.com
My 2nd Gen MX6 Profile

ausgt-r
Posted:Nov 3 2002, 02:09 PM
The car at the Sydney show is close in many ways to the one the two companies want to build for the road, although some of the higherperformance engine modifications and induction equipment, including carbonfibre inlet trumpets, might have to be kept for track use only

So it will not be as fast as the prototype at the sydney motorshow. 25 are being built and are already sold...at a very inflated price of $200 000.

As far as performance goes, not just 1/4 mile times, the corvettes have it all over any performance car australia has to offer, end of argument. If you do still want to argue, i'll throw the name Dodge Viper in cool.gif .

mx68u
Admin
Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
Posted:Nov 3 2002, 02:26 PM
QUOTE (ODIN @ Nov 3 2002, 10:42 AM)
QUOTE (ausgt-r @ Nov 3 2002, 12:17 AM)
.  You obviously know that the Holden/HSV get their engines from Chev right? you only have to look at a HSV GTS and a C5 or Z06 and see which is more aerodynamic.  Did you know that the Z06 does the 1/4 mile in mid to high 12's?....compared to a HSV GTS that struggles to get below 13.4(don't tell me that HSV quotes 13.1, noone has gotten anywhere near that).

Oh and btw, the new O3 Cobra's do the 1/4 mile in 12.8's, that has been proven.  When did a aussie built ford do that??

Ahem. Clears throught:

You do know that the HSV HRT 427C (Ie the car I linked to.) will do the 1/4 mile in 11.7 sec and 0-100 in 4 secs? And this car will be built:D

1/4 mile in 11.7 sec and 0-100 in 4 secs

holly crap.. that is fast.... how quick are those stocky vipers again? smile.gif

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
24 replies since Oct 31 2002, 12:38 PM
Pages: (2) [1] 2 
<< Back to Off Topic