Keep Looking [ 2 ]  [50.00%]
You have already voted in this poll
mx68u
Admin
Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
Car Profile: Available
  Posted onOct 16 2002, 08:57 PM
im moving this site from its current domain mx6.virtuahosting.net (too ugly and long) to the domain name decided in this thread, so your input would be very appreciated

i have gone thru heaps and heaps of possibilities but as alwayz most of them are already registered which leaves us with a very small and pretty average list... if you can think of one just post it and ill check it a www.register.com for availability when i get around to it

I've decided that the site is going to focus of street performance cars in general, mx6 dedicated forums will remain and ofcourse be expanded on to incorporate appearance modz aswell as the current perf/maint forums.

mx68u

Rodhog
Group: Moderators
Member No.: 19
Posted onOct 16 2002, 10:22 PM
I think what ever you decide will be fine

My support is 100% behind you

--------------------
Winning is Winning
Fair or not
Perform on the Day
It's wasn't Me

RODHOG PROFILE

Rodhog
Group: Moderators
Member No.: 19
Posted onOct 16 2002, 10:32 PM
I found motortorque.net is not gone but might be a bit close to the .com version.
oh yeah mx6torque sounds good too.
my suggestions just to help you along

--------------------
Winning is Winning
Fair or not
Perform on the Day
It's wasn't Me

RODHOG PROFILE

Mr.T
Regular Poster
Group: Members
Member No.: 41
Posted onOct 17 2002, 12:36 AM
uhh guyz, if sombody loggs onto "streettourque.com" or somthing similiar to that.. there is no indication that it's an mx6 dominated site. Those names are good, but the .com needs to be more specific. i have a great domain name but im not gonna share... a few peeps know why wink.gif

how bout mx6chat.com?

T

--------------------
Pitty'n fools since 86
Dynomax Exhaust
CAI
Custom Short-Throw Shifter

Brandon696
The Street Racing Super Trooper
Member No.: 34
Posted onOct 17 2002, 01:36 AM
i agree with T, i think we need something with mx6 in it. so people would know that this is a forum specifically for the Mazda MX-6.

Brandon ph34r.gif

--------------------
'Go Forth and Teach the Ways of the Six'
www.mx6.com
Anything you wanna know about the six Anything you wanna know about the RX-7
www.rx7club.com

1994 Mazda MX-6

mx68u
Admin
Posted onOct 17 2002, 02:27 PM
QUOTE (Mr.T @ Oct 17 2002, 12:36 AM)
uhh guyz, if sombody loggs onto "streettourque.com" or somthing similiar to that.. there is no indication that it's an mx6 dominated site. Those names are good, but the .com needs to be more specific. i have a great domain name but im not gonna share... a few peeps know why wink.gif

how bout mx6chat.com?

T

i hear you T.. thing is i was hoping to expand the site to all cars and not just limit it to mx6's.. although the site will continue to have a focus on mx6's i wish to also incorporate other models into the site hence the general forums like rotaries and FI, suspension.. all those forums are under the general section simply because its dedicated to the topics and not just how these topics may relate to our mx6's...

let me know what you guys think smile.gif

Vanmx6racer
Forum Junkie
Member No.: 31
Posted onOct 18 2002, 04:56 AM
ya something with a related name to 6's would be sweet unless u wanna add more forums for more cars. but ya im definatly stoked to hear about the .com change.

just keep us informed.

Van

--------------------
www.mx6.com
www.mazdatalk.com
~VanCity Invader Style~ I4 powered and im still running with the big dogs!

Mr.T
Regular Poster
Posted onOct 18 2002, 01:06 PM
well man, its going to be pretty tough to go from an mx6 site to a general car site. its all about how u brand (see? i told u i do this for a living) your website. if they see your .com name, they think "thats a great place for mx6's" but people unconciously categorize. if you went from mx6's to all cars, you'd have to change ur brand name, ur reputation.. graphics.. cause all the old stuff would still represent an mx6 dominated website (not good). i know that it would seem logical for an mx6 site to turn into a full car site but in all actuallity, its about as logical as starbucks making jet fighters.

T

--------------------
Pitty'n fools since 86
Dynomax Exhaust
CAI

mx68u
Admin
  Posted onOct 18 2002, 02:06 PM
lmfao ... love your analogy.. as far as graphics i never really finished the header and whatnot becoz of this reason... i alwayz wanted to branch out the site to car enthusiasts in general..... as you can see this site is very new and hasnt really gotta much of a reputation... numbers have certainly slowed down in the past couple of day with respect to registration.. and there just doesnt seem like there is enough support for this site to survive if i limit it to just mx6's.... im currently working on version two of the site adding some nice features.. improving navigation and a couple of other things.. so if you have any ideas let me know now.. otherwise it'll be too late tongue.gif

basically the mx6 forum section will remain.. my hope is that when enough ppl of another specific model come into the site i will create a forum specifically for them... for example an RX7 forum with subforums modz, appearance and maint..

At the end of the day when i release the version 2 of this site its pretty much going to be completely generic to all cars with a member base of mx6 owners and forums representing these...

let me know what you guys think and want... any feedback would be good at this point smile.gif

Mr.T
Regular Poster
Posted onOct 18 2002, 02:19 PM
well if your making it a general car site, that's the big boyz domain. if ur gonna make one, make it a good one. to compete, ur going to need phat graphics, and a GREAT .com. but you see what im saying about branding? they see ur style of graphics and they'll associate that with mx6's forever. u need a new identity if ur going to go with general cars... thats just the truth..

T

--------------------
Pitty'n fools since 86
Dynomax Exhaust
CAI

mx68u
Admin
Posted onOct 18 2002, 03:38 PM
i intend on completely changing the header of both the forums and website to reflect the new domain name and site content.. i just need a decent domain name sad.gif

totalRPM.com is probably my fav from the top but i still think its shithouse...

I will still continue with the same colour scheme tho... version 2 is coming along nicely atm.. i will release it as soon as i can figure out that domain name.. help ph34r.gif

Vanmx6racer
Forum Junkie
Member No.: 31
Posted onOct 19 2002, 06:30 AM
well the only thing u really need to do is have sweet graphics and a great.com like T said. we will still have our general chat and mx6 forums so thats cool. then we will just keep adding forums.

Van

--------------------
www.mx6.com
www.mazdatalk.com
~VanCity Invader Style~ I4 powered and im still running with the big dogs!

Brandon696
Posted onOct 19 2002, 12:47 PM
hmm.....well what brands are you considering? possibly, how bout just all Mazdas in general? good idea, or bad idea? im not real sure on how much coverage your wanting with the differant car brands.........

Brandon ph34r.gif

--------------------
www.mx6.com
www.rx7club.com

1994 Mazda MX-6

Peaknhard
Civic Type-R
Group: Banned
Member No.: 6
Posted onOct 20 2002, 03:17 AM
gotta go with totalrpm i reckon
and yeah this is a general car site not mx6 only, never was mx6 only, hence the forums for n/a cars, rotaries etc.
a revamp sounds exciting, always good to c wat u can come up with mx68u every site turns out pretty nice, even back to the uni days (wat was it web design 1.1 or sumfin along those lines.....uni lorsh haha and chemistry lorsh wat a perve lol)

--------------------
"Peaknhard Bro, PEAKnhard"

Tas71e
Local Slut!
Member No.: 20
  Posted onOct 20 2002, 11:35 PM
OMFG!!!
LMAO
you livin your high school dream heads
Big!

haha
well just one word that will bring back memories of lingo

ready
wait for it...

*FFRRREEESSHHHHH*

--------------------
Personally i prefer to insert my nitrous {N20}
rectally for the addded head buzz and long lasting effect

MY CAR PICTURES IN MEMBERS SECTION, VOTE!

Brandon696
Posted onOct 21 2002, 02:12 AM
who you talkin about?

Brandon ph34r.gif

--------------------
www.mx6.com
www.rx7club.com

1994 Mazda MX-6

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
28 replies since Oct 16 2002, 08:57 PM
Pages: (2) [1] 2 
<< Back to Off Topic