Posted:--
Car Profile Comments

Member: QIK-TX5
Vehicle: 1988 Ford Telstar TX5 AT2
Drivetrain: FWD
Engine: Naturally Aspirated 4 Cylinder
Car Category: Not Selected
Profile Created: June 6, 2004

Owner Comments: Hey y'all, this is my 1988 AT Series 2 Telstar TX5 Ghia. I picked it up for $2,300 (mates rates) about 3 months ago. Cos im at uni and my boss says i cost too much, i dont have the time or the money to do any more mod's atm but it'll get there as soon as i get the cash

Car Profile Link: https://www.totalrpm.com/car/1555

EVLTX5
Group: Members
Member No.: 1113
Car Profile: Available
Posted:Jun 7 2004, 03:25 PM
ur car must have at least 140kw at the wheels, those hub caps alone would be 50-60kw hahaha, nah, nice car
if ur planning to convert to turbs, i wouldnt bother with ur car, ,you'd be best off selling yours and buying a factory turbo.........

SABBAi
Regular Poster
Member No.: 918
Posted:Jun 7 2004, 05:13 PM
Looks good, wanna swap stereo's?? rolleyes.gif Yeah I agree with EVLTX5, those hub caps have gotta go.

Even spraying the standard steelie silver would look better.

To do the conversion, you'r best bet is to buy a half cut. You can speak to Blinky Blitz, cause he's done the conversion to his Ghia.

By the way, tell me what you think of mine

This post has been edited by SABBAi on Jun 7 2004, 05:17 PM

blinky blitz
Member No.: 1201
Posted:Jun 7 2004, 05:14 PM
hey man,i had a non turbo and got mine converted.for real man dont do it too much cash.i ended up buying a half cut for $2500 and then it cost me 3000 to get it put in. everything is different g'box,c.v's even the wiring i bought a micro tech ecu coz it was cheaper than gettin a sparky to re-wire the bitch. any ways man check mine out. later bro.

mx68u
Admin
Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
Posted:Jun 7 2004, 09:22 PM
i agree with you guys, there really isnt much point in converting to turbo when you can score yourself a turbo version for maybe an extra k or so if you sell yours. The F2T really isnt any sort of beast you will struggle to get low 13's with it so to do a full conversion it probably just isnt worth it.

nice car tho thumbup.gif

QIK-TX5
Regular Poster
Member No.: 1555
Posted:Jun 8 2004, 05:49 PM
hehe yeah i totally agree wit u guyz on the hubcaps, they were on it when i purchased it and i really dont have the cash to fork out for a set of 17's (or rims of any type or size for that matter). ne ideas what to replace them with? yeah i wasnt seriously considering the turbo conv. i just wanted a rough idea of how much it'd cost me. i think im just gonna try and get as much as i can outta the n/a F2 for now, get it runnin as quick as i can n/a. i was thinkin a k'n'n pod filter, bigger injectors, ecu, extractors, cams. u guyz got ne other ideas?

mx68u
Admin
Posted:Jun 8 2004, 07:47 PM
k&n, full 2.5inch exhaust with extractors, cams and a chip to remap fuel and ignition timing on pulp... that will give you a considerable gain i would think low 14's would be possible but it depends on how wild you want to go really as far as the cams are concerned.

QIK-TX5
Regular Poster
Posted:Jun 8 2004, 11:09 PM
thanks for the advice man. low 14's ey? *licks lips* smile.gif could you give me some rough prices for what each of those will cost...ballpark figures will do...jus wanna rough idea of what i'd be up for. i know it depends on like what cam grind i get, and what sorta extractors and ecu n stuff...

oh and btw, approx how many kw do u think the car'd be atm, with the current mod's, and then with the suggested mod's too? thanks man

EVLTX5
Posted:Jun 9 2004, 02:24 PM
yeah, filter , exhaust and extractors and i reakon you'd be flyin,
filter 100 bucks or so
exhaust, 250-300, more if u wanna change the cat
extractors i wouldnt really know, im guessing around the 400 mark......

if u get rims, i suggest getting thinner spokes if u want em to look bigger, i was gonna get flatter rims for mine, but noticed thiner spokes make it look bigger, thats wat i think anyway.....
go to a rims joint, you might find a good pair of second hand rims for cheap if ur lucky, just make sure there not fucked....i picked mine up for only 1000 with new tyres, so its possible
good luck with ur car

QIK-TX5
Regular Poster
Posted:Jun 9 2004, 05:55 PM
thanks for the advice man. yeah those rims on you tx look wikd, got one of the pics of ur ride as my wallpaper smile.gif

what sorta exhaust mod do you mean? its currently got a 2.5" straight through. im definately gonna get extractors, its an 8% performance increase or something like that i was told.

yeah im definately going to get a set of rims...was my 19th yesterday so hopefully i get lotsa cash to put towards a set of 17's.

i was lookin in Autopro at poddie's. the one i looked at was a K'n'N Hi-Flow one, bout $140 or something like that. i was thinking about one of the K'n'N Typhoon Intake systems, but i figured if i buy a pod filter and some piping i can build a custom one which does pretty much the same thing, for half the price.

on that note, where exactly do i put the pod filter on. cos there's the air box, then there is this silver thing, then there is the passage where the air travels through into the motor. i dont know what the silver thing is, you guys prob do, but i'll get the digi out n take a photo and post it so ya can tell me what i need to do. (if ya dont mind) Thanks

mx68u
Admin
Posted:Jun 9 2004, 08:06 PM
yeah no worriez qiktx5, post away...

i would think that low 14's would be possible but that would probably be with some very aggressive cams resulting in shit all low end and hence reduced drivability, also you fuel consumption will go up substantially and you will need a larger fuel pump, maybe even injectors if they arent the same size as on my engine (turbo version)...

if i were you i would be looking at mid 14's and tune the car for good drivability as well as speed, definately talk about this to whoever you consider getting the cams done...

for now i definately think a pod is a good idea, you will need some sort of a heat shield to try and reduce the amount of hot air being sucked in. All you need to do is undo the black air filter box, unscrew the relevant screws and take off the bottom end too which will just leave you with a AFM opening a four screws. You will need to buy an adaptor (probably around 30 - 50bucks) and then its just a simple matter of throwing it on...

another thing worth considering is getting 3inch hosing (Pirtek have some good stuff, called ultraflex and goes for about 15/meter which is all you need) widen that 2 inch hole in the current airbox and squeeze the piping thru, apply some decent glue and then route the pipe down to the front spoiler like on my car.. then just sort yourself a k&n panel drop in filter.. no way of getting any hot air then... probably the better way to do it on an NA version imho.

btw when you get wheels think light, a smaller diameter will also give you better acceleration, larger higher top end (both will take your speedo out obviously). The lightness will result in a more efficient drivetrain, like maching your flywheel, less torque is used to spin lighter items so you will get i higher percentage of power to the ground albeit small.

cheers

mx68u

EVLTX5
Posted:Jun 9 2004, 08:43 PM
its really easy to take the box off, but i would suggest rather than get a air pod ,just simply make a cold air pipe running from your box to the front of the car, and buy a k&n flat filter that slips into the factory box, it will suck just as much air, maybe even more, and stop any chance of hot air going into the engine........... i did it and worked a treat !
cheers

QIK-TX5
Regular Poster
Posted:Jun 13 2004, 03:50 PM
hey guys, thanks for the advice, i will do what i can as i get the money. my mates are all pitching in for my b'day for a new head unit or a monster tacho, so should be good smile.gif

QIK-TX5
Regular Poster
Posted:Jun 22 2004, 11:43 PM
my mate gave me a link to a forum post on http://www.antrx.com (a nissan enthusiast's site), and a guy on there with a TRX said that the best way would be to put piping from where the stock piping goes from to the box, but get rid of the box and run the piping down to the front bumper, and stick a pod down inside the front bumper...firstly, i cant fit a pod down there, secondly, it could cause potential problems in wet weather (im guessin)

OldSkoolTX5
Member No.: 1480
Posted:Jul 7 2004, 09:18 PM
Quite a nice ride, looks like my TX5 but yours will be alot faster than mine. All mine has is 2 inch exhaust and pod filter. Get a pod filter sounds fully sick! mine sounds like a Subaru Impreza.

DanTX5
Member No.: 1702
Posted:Jul 8 2004, 09:30 PM
Hey man, me again with the springs.

How did u get them put in? Did u do it urself cos it would have costed more then $260 to buy them and then get them installed.

thanks!

DanTX5

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
43 replies since Jun 7 2004, 12:13 AM
Pages: (3) [1] 2 3 
<< Back to Car Profile Comments