Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

It's That Time Again!, Street Drags
Fake_xu1
GMHOONS
Group: Moderators
Member No.: 138
Car Profile: Available
Posted:Mar 4 2004, 01:12 PM
smile.gif So the first Street legal drags for this year are getting closer (26th i think)....

So what are everyones expectations, do we think all the crappy motorbikes and quads will be taking over as usual? Are some of the rules gonna be changed, so that it's more user friendly.... Bet they jack the price up.... especially if the dirt bikes stop coming down!

I'd like to see some sort of rule book, especially for slicks and VHT and what not....

Wonder if they will stop those two blokes on the drag commitee racing down the track, cos they definately aint street legal and they run slicks (blue capri and Ford ute x?) they just waste time i recon!?

Anywho, Cordial.... u gonna get the cordia down the track, what times are you expecting??
Has Chubz got anything major planned to decrease his track record?
ITZ-WAR, expecting big things this year! gonna continue to get that time down!!!!?
Eu4ria, u gonna get Jackasaurus to have race with you in the 4 banger challenge!!!!?
and it will be good to see what Phatss and Matty get in there 350 commos!!!

what ya think?

--------------------
28 days... 6 hours... 42 minutes... 12 seconds

ITZ-WAR
Occasional Poster
Group: Members
Member No.: 136
Posted:Mar 7 2004, 02:26 PM
Ais gona sort this .......... haha . Well init gona be a good year everyones got big plans or doing something cant waite to see what results from all the engine packages and combinations woohoo

Fake_xu1
GMHOONS
Posted:Mar 8 2004, 03:02 PM
Yeah it's gonna be good, we'll have to get a small group 2ge4... and cruise down in convoy...... pitch a tent up! :-P

Hey do you think Tony will race his new Wrex? and it will be good to see what Jackasaurus will run in his new torry!!!

cool.gif woohoo not long now!

--------------------

HRD1966
Member No.: 619
Posted:Mar 10 2004, 01:24 PM
Well I'll be down there with the STD 186 to give that a test so you can see from std in a 2 tonne car to your Tozza Jord. I think I'll have another quiet one myself this year to get this motor built and make the ute look good! Josh you got that Supercharger sorted out yet cause if you dont I found a bolt on manifold like I did for Todd's. Pretty fkn sic manifold and supposed to give out some awesome power these motors! Hopefully I'll be doing 14's with my supercharger cause I reckon I will get a 16 with this std motor!!

Catch yas Matty aka HRD

--------------------
"What we're dealing with here is a total lack of respect for the law"

Fake_xu1
GMHOONS
Posted:Mar 26 2004, 02:14 PM
Tonights the Night!................ i'll post some pics over the weekend, doesn't look like it's gonna rain, so hopefully it should be a fair turnout..... Fingers crossed! smile.gif

--------------------

Fake_xu1
GMHOONS
Posted:Mar 31 2004, 11:21 AM
what the.. is goin on with the fricken drag rules? does anybody know.....

So let me get this straight.... we were told over the loud speaker on the night of the drags that we are allowed to use the same brand street slicks.. which are basically slicks! as the cop car was using... after Chubsy and a few others were told they aren't allowed to use them.... and Tony aswell (this is the only reason he hasn't come down in his Mopar!!!)

Does this seem to be getting out of hand to anyone else... it just seems like its a double standard!!! wacko.gif

And the stupid thing is, i can guarentee you that cop car isn't street legal!!!!! someone can prove me wrong if they want!!! icon4.gif

Anyway it's pissing me off.... I mean, they allow the use of NAAAWSSSS(which isn't street leagal anyway) so surely slicks would be an increase in safety, anywho i'd like to see some rules in BOLD!!! blink.gif

Good work Chubsy for floggin 'The Heat', think you were the only one??? Hopefully i'll beat him too... so i can laugh at them... hehehe It only ran a 13.4sec which is better than last year, but hey i heard one of the Holden Dealers said it ran mid 11s.. laugh.gif ha what a joke.... fricken idiots!!!

and even funnier, how can they get away with saying it's got a brock engine???? it's not is it?

--------------------

Fake_xu1
GMHOONS
Posted:Mar 31 2004, 11:24 AM
'The Heat' in all it's glory, pictured here at Kerry Holden.... without its' racing rims and slicks!!!

user posted image

Nothin Special!

--------------------

Ellastyle
Member No.: 1208
Posted:Jun 21 2004, 12:03 PM
the heat is getting beaten more and more, although its times are down to 12.5 now...

congrats to the guy in the green kingswood "RADMVR" 11.5 secs is farken tough!!
took my little bro down to give him a slice of hooning stuff (hes only six) he liked it too smile.gif
also the kid has taste saying that the turbo 13b ute was the best car, he was scared of that blown hr blink.gif

ITZWAR: your car seemed to be really launching well, have you had any suspension stuff done? and no next time i will not be holding anyones nuts icon4.gif

--------------------
Want your car broken? Let me have a drive!

ITZ-WAR
Occasional Poster
Member No.: 136
Posted:Jun 21 2004, 02:09 PM
How bout that, I just watched a race I had against the blue VT I had a really good launch and gave it too it, pretty happy anyone get any good clips or photos, Or even me beating the Monaro with the GAMEOVR plates, yeah game over my ass hahaha......

Fake_xu1
GMHOONS
Posted:Jun 21 2004, 02:52 PM
^^^^ lol @ Ella... i'll hold the nuts hahaha

Yeah i got footage... cool.gif

Didn't think 'the heat' was that fast.... though it was 12.8 or something??? anywho Bates owns the Green Monaro.... those runsof 11.4/5 make him the second fastest Street car in Darwin (that comes to the Drags ermm.gif ) he get's quicker every meet... and No Nos!!!! That Balck A9x torry is the quickest with a 10.7 or something... so there is still a Big Gap... then Chubz with a 11.7 sec.... whats after that...?

Feel free to correct me if someone knows of a quicker car!......

Heard 'the heat' cracked it's fuel tank lol hahahaha before the night started i said 'they would break the car at this meet' laugh.gif

--------------------

Ellastyle
Member No.: 1208
Posted:Jun 22 2004, 09:19 AM
hahah yeah bugger the cops, seriously their diff is the next thing to go, someone i know said they had been having problems with it openwheeling during the burnouts anybody see this???

--------------------
Want your car broken? Let me have a drive!

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
12 replies since Mar 4 2004, 01:12 PM

<< Back to Northen Territory