Posted:Jun 12 2003, 03:51 PM
Keep up the excellent work for Ford!
And hows about some power figures?

TTXR8
Group: Members
Member No.: 254
Car Profile: Available
Posted:Jun 12 2003, 06:47 PM
I'll get it dynoed when i get it sorted, i've still got a few bugs to iron out.

Watch this space!! lol
cool.gif

EvilChief
The Evil One
Group: ATFC Moderator
Member No.: 146
Posted:Jun 13 2003, 02:06 AM
yea will be doing that icon4.gif

should pull some nice numbers on the dyno and on the track ... looking forward to it ...

mhm how much fun it is to tune TT setups ...
/sarcasm off

--------------------
WHOHOO ... got my opens today ... as much as it would matter to me anyway
... and 96 in the ash tray!

TTXR8
Posted:Jun 13 2003, 10:21 AM
Well i'll let you know when i finish tuning it, i'm using an autronic smc and i'm still learning how to tune everything but that's just a learning curve you go through when you do everything yourself. I think it's much more rewarding when you make the effort to build everything yourself, although i wish i had the money to get someone else to do it while i sat back and watched with a beer in my hand! biggrin.gif

I'll get some more pics on here shortly.

EDXR8TT
Member No.: 498
Posted:Oct 9 2003, 08:41 PM
hey man,fully sik car. i want to turbo charge an ED XR8, how much did it cost u to get it how it is now???

TTXR8
Posted:Dec 2 2003, 08:41 AM
Well i made it to Springnats in Shepparton and i must say i had a ball! Left home on thursday for a stint on JPC's dyno but had major dramas with detonation so all we could do is wind the timing right back and richen her up so it would be safe to drive.
Then came friday when i was supposed to be going to scrutineering but found myself working on my car for 14 hours due to a wiring loom shorting out on the body, so after 2 hours i finally found the damaged loom behind the headlight and while i was in the mood i decided to take the turbos off to fix some persistant oil leaks and fit some colder plugs.
Then having thought things over for a bit i realised that the boost pressure was too much for the EGR valve and was holding it open which was pumping exhaust back through the engine! (not good for detonation)!! So having fixed the oil leaks and fitting the plugs i made a plate to block the EGR valve and head out to do some tuning, needless to say the HP almost doubled with some more timing and less fuel!
Saturday came and i was off to the car wash and scrutineering before going into DECA and there was plenty of sexy girls there!! oh and some nice cars too.
I entered to spear a spud with my mate and had a reasonable run before going in the go to woah where i seemed to do pretty well and made it into the top 20 or so cars for the final on sunday.
But before going back to the nats on sunday i decided to do some more tuning on the saturday night and added some more boost and then she was really flying although the auto wasn't happy about the new found power! Anyway i won my first heat against a blown rod before coming up against a brand new whipple supercharged monaro with slicks and yes he beat me thanks to my auto sticking in first and just over shooting the finish line, but hey i'll be back next year to give him a floggin! lol.
Then i put her up for the dyno challenge and after having givin her a pasting all weekend the head gasket let go on the first run and could only manage 281 hp at 3500rpm and 1000 lbft of torque at 2000rpm.

But she got me the 500kms back home!!! ahh well, off come the heads and out with the piece of shit tranny. Hopefully i make it to summernats in Jan! crying.gif

Fake_xu1
GMHOONS
Group: Moderators
Member No.: 138
Posted:Dec 2 2003, 09:41 PM
Sounds like you had a blast... If you are ready i will be checking your car out at summernats! looking forward to it! cool.gif

--------------------
28 days... 6 hours... 42 minutes... 12 seconds

ELXR8
Member No.: 696
Posted:Dec 13 2003, 09:42 PM
I was hoping to be the first and now its looking like i wont be the 2nd to have a hardcore el XR8, the only other one ive seen is a supercharged one that pushes 305kw at the wheel
in a street machine mag.
Im sure you can get blitz that figure especially cause you got turbos maybe 400kw at the wheels.
Anyway

Well Done!!

Go FORD!!

wink.gif

Unregistered
Posted:Jan 19 2004, 10:06 AM
Good job with the car.

I think there is a fair bit more tunning required and i believe you can get HEAPS more out of it.

I have a Single turbo EL XR6 producing 414hp at the rear wheels, so i'm sure you can get 500 hp or more.

Good luck with it all.

TTXR8
Posted:Jan 19 2004, 03:24 PM
Yes it does have a lot of potential but after some inaccurate machining it's having head gasket trouble. But i'm buying a complete 5L out of an AU to replace it and then i'm selling it due to some financial trouble, believe me it's a VERY reluctant sale! crying.gif

CRORATED
Member No.: 882
Posted:Jan 25 2004, 09:16 PM
How much $ or u wanna take my for yrs biggrin.gif

v8eater
Member No.: 920
Posted:Feb 3 2004, 06:28 PM
how much $

TTXR8
Posted:Feb 4 2004, 09:11 PM
Not sure if i'll sell with the turbo setup on but if i do it'll be $32,000 or without turbos $26,000. FIRM!!

Guest_v8eater
Unregistered
Posted:Feb 5 2004, 05:37 PM
i would only buy it with the turbos. 32k sounds good. is it legal

TTXR8
Posted:Feb 5 2004, 08:46 PM
probably need an engineers report but i'm not sure, i doubt there'd be too many dramas with it but you'd have to check it out.

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
28 replies since May 27 2003, 05:42 PM
Pages: (2) [1] 2 
<< Back to Car Profile Comments