Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Setting Up A Cd Player, set up of a cd player
hoon69
Group: Members
Member No.: 163
Car Profile: Available
Posted:Mar 18 2003, 10:10 PM
sick.gif im buying a cd player nothing special,just something to play my cd's on and im wanting to know how to set up my speakers,i got 2 300w 6-8inch speakers,and i don't know how to set it up right what do i need,and how should i approach this solution,
i am buying a dvd kit for around $700 bucks screen etc...

am i going to have problems with setting this(dvd kit) up to the cd player...
im no electrician ....

thanx blush.gif crying.gif shifty.gif

--------------------
live it drive it FORD

Rodhog
Group: Moderators
Member No.: 19
Posted:Mar 19 2003, 01:29 AM
It will depend if they are compatible
or if they are totally different if can be done with a number of speaker switch boxes

At the end of the day all car equipment needs a 12volt perment voltage source
12volt, remote, turn on voltage source, for head units off the barrel of the car as for Amps of the head unit. PLus a Grounding. Ad a few other conections for speakers stackers it's all done.

--------------------
Winning is Winning
Fair or not
Perform on the Day
It's wasn't Me

RODHOG PROFILE

mx68u
Admin
Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
Posted:Mar 19 2003, 11:01 AM
if your not too sure about how to hook up a system it would probably be useful reading up on DIY car audio setups.. there isnt too much in it but it will certainly be heaps easier if you read up a bit before you fork out the cash...

another option is to pay a car audio shop for the install, tends to be a bit more expensive but if you do if on your own materials are still pretty expensive (cabling, wood and of course time) smile.gif

Also if you listen or have heaps of MP3's maybe you should consider a stereo that plays them, there are a few really good models out atm for pretty decent prices so its definately worth considering. since you are buy a dvd kit you probably wont need an mp3 as most dvds have mp3 playback, just verify before you purchase if comes in handy having 150 tracks on one normal cd-r smile.gif

also to get the most out of your speakers an system you should consider fabricating a custom rear shelf to mount them, placing speakers in the factory shelf robs quite a bit of performance, best to buy some thick MDF wood and install them in that. Also an amp would be needed to power the setup, running of the stereo amp isnt the best wink.gif

hoon69
Member No.: 163
Posted:Mar 19 2003, 09:18 PM
blush.gif yeah thanx im buying stuff i said,and i might get a professional to install it now,never know hey!!thanx anyways:blush:
my sisters boyfriend is a electrician he knows about this stuff..

--------------------
live it drive it FORD

T4Z
Member No.: 1490
Posted:Jun 4 2004, 08:46 PM
i need help...
im having problems of finding a manual for my head unit. its a 'DEH-P2050' if any one can help me out i will be more then greatful.
l8rz mellow.gif blink.gif innocent.gif unsure.gif ermm.gif

ITZ-WAR
Occasional Poster
Member No.: 136
Posted:Jun 7 2004, 12:18 PM
I just had a 10" screen and DVD mp3 all that shit head unit put in...

What I worked out is if your head unit is just a cheapy it probly on has one RCA output and no aux input for the TV and DVD player if they are seperate So i got the whole head unit in one thing saved alot of extra RCA cables and work, it also saved doing the whole FM modulator which puts the sound from the movie through your existing head unit through a tuned radio frequency.

One thing is for sure because the new head unit supports Dolby5.1 it plays the movies pretty good with the whole surround sound thing in the car and the 15" in the boot makes Jurassic park wicked. If you have any questions give me a yell Ive been through a bit and because I used to sell this stuff through Abarn i still know a little

mx68u
Admin
Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
Posted:Jun 7 2004, 09:37 PM
yeah i have been looking for a decent dvd player and screen combo they are really starting to get cheap...

unfortunately finding one with 3 sets of pre-out rca's is near impossible for under $600, hell i dont think i have even seen them for that much... i really wasnt looking at spending over 400 to be honest...

with the FM modulator its only going to be stereo so how do you have surround 5.1 dolby sound? are you sending two channels with the FM modulator and the other two through the head unit which splits into rear/subs?

btw whats theFM modulator like, i have a portable mp3 cd player and was thinking about getting one, how decent is the sound quality? i suppose it would be better then just pluggin it directly into the amp since ill lose my front two channels...

ITZ-WAR
Occasional Poster
Member No.: 136
Posted:Jun 9 2004, 02:40 PM
Yeah My head unit is a all in one thing, It has MP3 dvd vcd re written CDs and Jpeg pic file capabillities, So it goes from the head unit to the boot for the Amps then to speakers and signal to the TV screen. What I was saying though is in some cases you can use the FM modulator if say you didnt wana loose your head unit or could get just a single DVD unit on its own, its just you gotta use alot of wiring when you have to units good thing though is if the TV has Infrared you could use head phones fo passengers but still listen to music if using the FM modulator.

I would in your case probably if you wanted to be even cooler is look at a PS2 then you can still play movies and games, and spend the money on a good screen. I went for a 10.4 " screen which seems to be pretty good Foulds down isnt to thick which i hate, has roof lights and infra red for head phones, so look at quality at least for your screen

pommy
Member No.: 2893
  Posted:Mar 17 2005, 06:36 PM
i've got a second hand cd player and 2 brand new cheap speakers.blush.gif i want 2 set them all up including the door speakers. ive been told that the easiest way to set it up is 2 run a cable from the battery to the cd player and then have cables coming from the player to the speakers. is there any better way to do it my self??

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
10 replies since Mar 18 2003, 10:10 PM

<< Back to Car Audio and Electricals