Posted:--
Car Profile Comments

Member: Davor-TX5
Vehicle: 1989 Ford Telstar TX5 GHIA
Drivetrain: FWD
Engine: Naturally Aspirated 4 Cylinder
Car Category: Sleeper
Profile Created: March 4, 2005

Owner Comments: Just go the car today, all stock for now.

Car Profile Link: https://www.totalrpm.com/car/2821

chaserguy
Group: Members
Member No.: 2798
Car Profile: Available
Posted:Mar 5 2005, 08:02 PM
Wow, thats an 89? Its in very good shape for being that old, looks like you got a good deal. Im not a big fan of FWD cars, but it is a 5 speed so there if fun to be had! good luck with it biggrin.gif

--------------------
Who says a grocery getter cant be fast?

www.zeroyon.com

Davor-TX5
Member No.: 2821
Posted:Mar 5 2005, 08:06 PM
thx, it's my first car, i jsut got my P's, still havent driven it sad.gif gotto register it on monday... well just took it for a lil spin. It's only done 109,000, engene looks clean, i just wish i found a turbo in that condition. dry.gif was cheap.
I wanna take all the badges off like in this pic, (photoshop) im worried about the holes tho blink.gif

This post has been edited by Davor-TX5 on Mar 5 2005, 08:08 PM

Attached Image

Attached Image

chaserguy
Posted:Mar 5 2005, 08:20 PM
If you take the badges off and there are holes, you would probably have to re-paint the car and it might not be worth the money. You could use that money for performance parts. It all depends on what your plans for the car are though. If you want a turbo, maybe you could just use this car to get you around until you can save money for a turbo model. Good luck with whatever your plans are wink.gif

--------------------

www.zeroyon.com

Davor-TX5
Posted:Mar 5 2005, 08:24 PM
hmm, no i want to keep this car... and dont wanna have to respray the whole car coz of the badges.. just taught i could fill the holes and touch up paint it.. but .. bah, dont think so now,

chaserguy
Posted:Mar 5 2005, 08:29 PM
you could do that, but it wouldnt look as clean as if you re-sprayed the whole car. i'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to my car, so I didnt even think of that as a possiblity. for my first car, Im sure I would of done that though, and Im sure it would look fine. You have to remember that its your car, and you need to do what you want to it. Its all about making yourself happy with your car, no matter what anyone else says! smile.gif

--------------------

www.zeroyon.com

turbo_boy
Member No.: 512
Posted:Mar 6 2005, 12:58 PM
If u wanna take off ur badges at the back, make sure u get the holes welded not bogged, caus it goes shithouse after a couple of months. i got my boot done for $240 including the spray and welding of all the holes had a few extra caus of removed spoiler. goodluck

EVLTX5
Member No.: 1113
Posted:Mar 7 2005, 10:18 AM
What badges are we talking about here?? Telstar badge on the upper boot lid?

Ive got a tx5 turbo, and there are no holes in the boot from the badge? either does sabbai's boot........

cheers
evltx5

SABBAi
Regular Poster
Member No.: 918
Posted:Mar 7 2005, 11:50 AM
The only badge that will have a hole behind it, on your, will be the ford badge on the grill. It's easy to remove them. Let me finish my write up, and I'll let you know.

Davor-TX5
Posted:Mar 7 2005, 05:09 PM
thx for the reply's.
i was thinking all the badges on the back.. the front is fine for now, later on might just cut the middle and chuck a grill on, if thats the way to do it, hehe.
So r u's sure none of the badges on the boot will have holes? (even the Ghia on the red light) i reacon the "Telstar TX5" would have holes.. dry.gif and how could i fill the holes up, wer i took the wires out (the trailer light plug thing, lol) it left holes, not a big deal but meh... the plate wont cover it.
anyway, it's gettin registred on wed, cant wait thats why i just wanna rip stuff off it.

chaserguy
Posted:Mar 7 2005, 07:13 PM
If you are just taking the badges off the trunk(boot, i have to get used to that) lid then you could just fill the holes with bondo and do a re-spray of the trunk lid. Or if you wanted, you could just sand the whole car and paint it flat black. That is getting popular these days, would look more like a drift machine then! laugh.gif

--------------------

www.zeroyon.com

Davor-TX5
Posted:Mar 7 2005, 07:51 PM
hmm, yeh. all black sounds good, but nah, nothing big for now, i just got the car, i'll just drive it how it is. these guys reacon there is no holes tho. o well, i'll find out later, hehe.

Texy_5
Occasional Poster
Member No.: 2675
Posted:Mar 7 2005, 08:42 PM
hey nice car, just a note on bogging of the holes if there are any i saw a black tx5 turbo with the badges removed and the holes bogged up. and it looked s**t, alright from a distance but don't go close. The badges on the side if you have them dont have any holes i found that out when i was measuring a CAI (yet to be done). good luck with them anyway.

Davor-TX5
Posted:Mar 7 2005, 08:45 PM
by this " The badges on the side" u mean wich side? lol

QIK-TX5
Regular Poster
Member No.: 1555
Posted:Mar 8 2005, 11:47 AM
he means the badges on both sides, just in front of the front doors, that say 2.2j 12 Valve

Davor-TX5
Posted:Mar 8 2005, 11:49 AM
ah ye.. im so dumb.

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
21 replies since Mar 5 2005, 11:55 AM
Pages: (2) [1] 2 
<< Back to Car Profile Comments