Group: Moderators
Member No.: 133
Car Profile: Available
Posted:May 2 2003, 02:08 PM
Interior gets big thumbup.gif
You need a chip, crank boost to 15psi, and get that baby back on the dyno

--------------------
Yes it's a turbocharged FE3, (soon on the bottle) and NO you can't drive it
WARNING: Does not play well with others (it seems others have a problem with losing)
My Beast
posted by 90tx5
cheers
you r like the car god on this forum

2Rusty
Occasional Poster
Group: Members
Member No.: 114
Posted:May 3 2003, 03:05 PM
ohmy.gif Whoa I didn't even know there was a place to comment on profiles!

Anyway, thanks man. She's only at about 10psi now and driven daily. I wanna do a chip, intake and exhaust to open it up before cranking it that high. Then comes 440 injectors and upgraded turbo when I get bored with that. whistling.gif

--------------------
1992 MX-6 GT turbo

mx68u
Admin
Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
Posted:Jun 29 2003, 04:16 PM
i love your ride 2Rusty, its a very neat example of an mx6 turbo biggrin.gif

If you do decide to get a chip make sure you get one that can be tuned in real time on a dyno, i would just go for a pre-programmed one as every car is different (parts are in different condition or totally different due to upgrades and have differing levels of productivity and efficiency), further more you can tune the car specifically to the modifications done to your car, and when you get a new mod you can re-tune. Have a look around im sure there is something like that in us, im not a believer in the drop in chip thats been tuned on a totally different car.

alex,
Unregistered
Posted:Aug 21 2003, 10:32 AM
hey,, i have a question,, i was looking at a 91 mazda like urs today, with the turbo,, is it fast,?? what kind of cars can u beat with it? or if u know any sites wit parts for the car, like a boost controler,, or how to make ur own,, could u email me back at stuntdriver01@yahoo.com . thanks

alex sylva
Unregistered
Posted:Jan 10 2004, 02:21 PM
i have a 91 mazda mx6 stock new turbo exaust intake it ran a 14.320 at
109 about five can you touch that huh.gif

2Rusty
Occasional Poster
Posted:Jan 11 2004, 02:30 AM
I don't really race people that much. It's not my style. I much prefer to just run my car hard for my own personal satisfaction so I can't really say what cars it'll beat. I've also never been to the track unfortunately so I can't say what she can do in the quarter. I'd like to get a time someday soon though.

I can tell ya how much power she's putting out. Just take a look at the dyno. It's obvious the car would surprise quite a few people at a light. That dyno was only at 10 psi and running really rich. I'm now pushing 17 psi in freezing cold Connecticut. The car tries to rip the steering wheel from my hands at the top of third gear. I would estimate she's putting down close to 200 bph at the front wheels and somewhere in the neighborhood of 260 ft-lbs to the ground as well. I'm trying to set up dyno time at 17 psi soon before I scale it back to 14 - 15 psi for everyday driving. w00t.gif

--------------------
1992 MX-6 GT turbo

ct-mx6turbo
Member No.: 748
  Posted:Feb 19 2004, 01:20 AM
Hey Alex i have some parts that will help your car . how about a 2.5 inch turbo downpipe. and boost controler, good performance camshaft also availble too.the spec on the camshaft are 221/221 duration and lift is 414/411. operating range of 1800to 6000 rpms.15 hp and 15 foot pounds of torque is the normal or more depending on your setup. let me know if you are interested. contact me at: dtmazda@hotmail.com cool.gif biggrin.gif ct-mx6turbo

julian400fx
Member No.: 1039
  Posted:Feb 24 2004, 02:09 AM
hi!!
I am Julian Wu from Taipei,Taiwan.
I have a MX6GTX.
I FIND YOU HAVE A ENGINE TOWER BAR ON YOUR CAR.
PLEASE do me a favor.tell me where can I buy the tower bar.
thank you.... ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

2Rusty
Occasional Poster
Posted:Mar 27 2004, 03:24 PM
I've done business with ct-mx6turbo before and would recommend him to anyone looking for parts.

This post has been edited by 2Rusty on Mar 27 2004, 03:26 PM

--------------------
1992 MX-6 GT turbo

2Rusty
Occasional Poster
Posted:Mar 27 2004, 03:34 PM
QUOTE (julian400fx @ Feb 23 2004, 11:09 AM)
hi!!
I am Julian Wu from Taipei,Taiwan.
I have a MX6GTX.
I FIND YOU HAVE A ENGINE TOWER BAR ON YOUR CAR.
PLEASE do me a favor.tell me where can I buy the tower bar.
thank you.... ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Hi Julian. The strut tower bar is from a company in the States (Oregon to be exact) called Corksport. You can find them at http://www.corksport.com. They may no longer sell the bar I have which is a 5-piece unit designed & sold by corksport exclusively. It is not the GAB or Mazdaspeed bar listed on their site. It's worth giving them a call to find out if any are still available. As a warning, they tend to be pricey when it comes to shipping especially if you attempt to ship to Taiwan. sleep.gif

--------------------
1992 MX-6 GT turbo

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
12 replies since --

<< Back to Car Profile Comments