Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Jaycar Car Audio, Good Or Not
zorb_rules
Forum Junkie
Group: Members
Member No.: 1812
Car Profile: Available
Posted:Nov 30 2004, 01:37 AM
Alright Im thinkin of gettin sum new subs for my car Im thinking of a jaycar 15inch sub...Are they an okay brand or would I be better off goin with someone else..

This post has been edited by zorb_rules on Nov 30 2004, 01:39 AM

mx68u
Admin
Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
Posted:Nov 30 2004, 06:26 PM
hmmmmmm

always hear good things about jaycar response series speakers but never really experienced them.. i suppose they would be a safe bet. I do have a set of 4inch 2 ways ($50 a pop) and they sound half decent but imho i think there is better value out there..

since your after subs you should consider JL audio, i have heard both their subs and component speakers and recall being very impressed with the sound quality, the subs arent to expenisve either for a lower range model, maybe around $100 - 150 for a 12.. im sure you know theres always offers at www.tradingpost.com.au have a look at the trader adś im sure there will be some of the JL range there.

i have a kicker series Comp VR 12 mysellf, very happy with it thumbup.gif

zorb_rules
Forum Junkie
Member No.: 1812
Posted:Nov 30 2004, 10:54 PM
Thanks mate smile.gif well im currently running two 10inch MArathon's (US BRand). But was thinkin of goin somethin a lil bigger with a bit better soudn quality I do like the sound of the 12inch JL's they sound really sweet but I thought for price maybe the competition Jaycar sub would be okay..I havent really had a listen yet just wanted a bit of an opinion on the name and quality...

Thanks

P.S I liek Kicker but my mates had 2 Kicker oen I think the same as the one you've got an he's blown em both times...and although Kicker replaced and fixed them I dont know about them it could be a one off maybe not smile.gif

NVD05X
Member No.: 1596
Posted:Jan 26 2005, 05:23 PM
in my experience jaycar car audio products either dont work out of the box or they sound very poor and dont last very long.

repsonse amps have very little power from what i've dealt with

just my 2c

--------------------
'91 AE92 4AGTE SX HATCH

145.3KW ATW @6500RPM ON 15PSI

cheers,
Dave

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
5 replies since Nov 30 2004, 01:37 AM

<< Back to Car Audio and Electricals