Posted:--
Car Profile Comments

Member: zorb_rules
Vehicle: 1991 Ford Telstar AV TX5 Turbo
Drivetrain: FWD
Engine: Turbo Charged 4 Cylinder
Car Category: Classic
Profile Created: July 26, 2004

Owner Comments: Hey this is my new TX5 Turbo I got it this week. Its pretty standard but will be looking great soon..(Hopefully).

Car Profile Link: https://www.totalrpm.com/car/1812

zorb_rules
Forum Junkie
Group: Members
Member No.: 1812
Car Profile: Available
Posted:Jul 26 2004, 09:47 PM
Ohh GUys by the way I want to do some cheap but effective mods to my TX5 please help me out with any suggestions.

EVLTX5
Member No.: 1113
Posted:Jul 27 2004, 08:36 AM
hey hows it going
congrats on ur tx5, looks nice, any more pics??
i would suggest going to a different air filter along with a cold air intake system.....
cheap as chips and works a treat !!!

zorb_rules
Forum Junkie
Posted:Jul 27 2004, 09:45 AM
Yeah the cars in getting the exhaust done at the moment. Ill get some more pics of it tommorrow when I get it back thatnks for the help. By the way urs looks nice as is it turbo??

sudha
Member No.: 1334
Posted:Jul 27 2004, 02:40 PM
hi zorb,

That's a great looking car! I drive the telstar sedan in malaysia - we're not so fortunate to get a turbo version or a fuel injected model here.

Mine's a 2.0 12v carbie - carbie's screwing me up now.

Say, i see from the pic that you are running on 15" wheels. What's the current tyre size that you have on your car now?

Appreciate som info on the suspension sys as well.

regards Sudha

--------------------
not fast but i could follow....

Rollin_AE102
Occasional Poster
Member No.: 636
Posted:Jul 27 2004, 03:18 PM
I agree cold air intake or airfilter with heatshield as well... Also maybe a boost controller although i wouldn't suggest running much more than 10 pound boost cause i'd presume that your only running the factory 6-8 psi and unless you want piston to meet sky, 10 pound possibly 12 with a fuel cut defender should be ok

--------------------
"Its your left foot DUNDERCLUMPER"

zorb_rules
Forum Junkie
Posted:Jul 27 2004, 06:44 PM
Hey guys thanks for all your help mod wise...other than performance mods what do u guys think I could do for apperance other than rims and lowering? Does anyone know of a good fibreglass place or something that makes good body kits

SABBAi
Regular Poster
Member No.: 918
Posted:Jul 27 2004, 07:30 PM
It looks like one that I used to live near. Looks neat. Some mods you can do, would be a decent lowering job, not a spring chop, hi flow cat and front pipe, Some sort of hi flow air filter definantly with cold air. Doing this will give you about 10psi without any form of boost controller. By now, you will have probs with the factory comp causing boost cut. It's boost cut is set between 12-13psi, but it's red from the compressor, not at the manifold. Hi flow blow off valve also would do the trick. If you want to keep it legal, and run properley without changing to an aftermarket engine management system, then go for a plumb back.

Then when cash permits....

BIG front mount
Brake upgrade
Electronic boost controller
TD04 turbo off my01 wrx
Ceramic 5 button clutch
Tweaked suspension
etc....

Oh, you'll have a problem finding someone to build a kit for you for a resonable price. But if you have the money most kit places will do custom stuff no worries!!!

Oh, come check mine out, tell me what you think.

This post has been edited by SABBAi on Jul 27 2004, 07:30 PM

zorb_rules
Forum Junkie
Posted:Jul 27 2004, 11:59 PM
Hi guys I was also wondering if u could help me out Im having mixed opinions on whether to build a cold air intake myself or get one built for me professionally. First up if I want to do it myself could someone proivde me with some simple steps and materials I need? Im pretty handy so yeah just let me know. THaks Hepas

SABBAi
Regular Poster
Posted:Jul 28 2004, 05:29 PM
I did mine myself. Fairly easy. Check out my Cardomain page here.

Just follow the steps. Easy As biggrin.gif
Check out the rest of the pages for more details on my car.

zorb_rules
Forum Junkie
Posted:Jul 29 2004, 01:02 PM
Hey guys I just found out I have to replace the seatbelt in my tx5 for a RWC does anybody know where I could get one and how much it will approximately cost. also are they easy to install? Mines still at the mechanics so I havent had a chance to look.

SABBAi
Regular Poster
Posted:Jul 29 2004, 10:30 PM
Yeah, go and see FordMaz ind Dandenong. Something Adelaide street. They're aren't very helpful, but they are cheap...
Or Ford Wreck in Clayton, Westall road, very helpful, and know their stuff. If it's little stuff, they may be able to do you a good deal.

zorb_rules
Forum Junkie
Posted:Jul 29 2004, 11:28 PM
Hey guys sorry to keep posting stuff on here but you are really helpful. Ok ive just be offered an Turbosmart Stage 1 Boost controller for 80 bucks its second hand. First up is it a good deal and secondly will it still sound ok on my car since its an auto?

zorb_rules
Forum Junkie
Posted:Jul 30 2004, 12:34 AM
Sorry guys I stuffed up before I was thinking somethin and wrote it down...Its a turbo smart stage one BOV *lol*

EVLTX5
Member No.: 1113
Posted:Jul 30 2004, 09:04 AM
hmmm not 2 sure about that..... ive seen a tx turb auto with a bov on it, and sounded really nice, but not too sure if it was stage 1 or higher....
id suggest u hold onto the money and save for a betta one, stage 1 bov arnt loud like others on cars these days, yet they still do they job, so its up to u.....
i knw type 3 by turbosmart sound really nice, im going to install 1 on mine soon, as before, im not 100% sure because of the auto, im guessing it will be the same, yet a lil quicker

zorb_rules
Forum Junkie
Posted:Jul 31 2004, 06:11 AM
okay well ive deicded to install at see how it sounds before I buy it. it was my mates old one off his calibra newayz. OKay so were bouts is the best spot to chuck it in damage wise. I mean I dont wanna stuff up all my pipes and all by cutting huge holes in em so what do you guys think? if possible could I see a photo of where uve put yours?

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
149 replies since Jul 26 2004, 09:44 PM
Pages: (10) [1] 2 3 ... Last »
<< Back to Car Profile Comments