Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Engine Mods, vn commadore basic and big engine mods
VN-88
Group: Members
Member No.: 2788
Car Profile: Available
Posted:Mar 31 2005, 07:56 PM
hey people, this is like my 5th thread so far and only one person has replied, why is that??? well anyway im just wandering what mods i can do to my motor, i already have a full set of extractors, 2.5 inch excaust, im buying a pod filter tommorrow,l anything else i can do to it, other then a turbo or nos or changing engines ect, so cmmon people reply to this thread and gimmee some ideas, thanks

zorb_rules
Forum Junkie
Member No.: 1812
Posted:Mar 31 2005, 08:10 PM
hardly anyone visits here any more thats why...but yeah I dunna know supercharge it..put a power chip on it..do basic things like clean plugs, run premium fuel, put in a cai, get a good tune

VN-88
Member No.: 2788
Posted:Apr 2 2005, 06:55 PM
yeah i wana put in those new plugs, the ones with 4 bits of metal on the end of the plugs, also wats a cai?

zorb_rules
Forum Junkie
Posted:Apr 3 2005, 12:51 PM
cold air intake

Skena
Member No.: 2499
Posted:Apr 6 2005, 09:35 PM
Umm, the plugs your thinking of are multi ground plugs, mind you there is no garantee that it will boost power.

As you want to keep the motor N/A, then your best bets are:
-cold air intake
-upgrade ignition system, and ensure correct plugs, gaps etc
-port and polish the head
-new pistons with higher compression
-new, more aggressive camshaft

There are many options, but they vary greatly in price and drawbacks. Also one thing that increases performance (not a dyno figure, real world performance) is making your car more ridgid in the body, and losing weight. Go throught your car form front to back, and see if you can lose some weight, you may be surprised how much you can ditch. Another thing if you have a big stereo in your car is can you cut down on it, ie. 1 sub instead of 2, etc.

--------------------
Bullshitters can take a walk, let your car do the talking, not your mouth.

zorb_rules
Forum Junkie
Posted:Apr 6 2005, 10:54 PM
hi flow cat might help too..im nto really a holden driver so im just offering suggestions ive used in my previous cars...

Skena
Member No.: 2499
Posted:May 10 2005, 06:29 AM
Hey, sounds like an odd question, but where do you live??

Reason i ask is that C.O.M.E racign have a billet cam for the holdens of that era at the moment, and it will cost you $1100 for a new billet cam, and they will chip your curretn ecu for the best power.

Im assuming you have the 3.8 liter, so ill also mention that if you are prepared to spend a bit of money, and it jsut not a turbo or anything you want, C.O.M.E have a 4.2 liter stroker kit.
the kit at the very moment is about 2,400 but when you facotr labour into it, your looking at 4-5 grand. Just letting you knwo what out there at the moment.

--------------------
Bullshitters can take a walk, let your car do the talking, not your mouth.

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
8 replies since Mar 31 2005, 07:56 PM

<< Back to General Discussion