Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Ford Build Up, Making a xe falcon go faster and harder
brock.xe
Group: Members
Member No.: 375
  Posted:Aug 8 2003, 05:34 PM
Hello people , iv got an xe eclipse and at the moment its got fuck all power and thats shiting me off as well as i got fuck all money , b'cause im not a motor geniouse id like to know from you guys and girls on any tips on how to juice me power up in my car for bugger all thanks

Brock.xe blink.gif

mx68u
Admin
Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
Car Profile: Available
Posted:Aug 8 2003, 05:47 PM
hey brock, welcome smile.gif

what year model is your eclispe, is it turbo and what current modz have you got installed? any idea on what exactly you want from it from a performance perspective?

brock.xe
Group: Members
Member No.: 375
  Posted:Aug 8 2003, 06:12 PM
All i know it is a 1984 , efi elipse, with a 250 fuel injected 6 thats all i know at the moment , what i want is enough power to get around in and look alright, u know i from 1st to 3rd is as sloppy as shit it has no pickup , and i want enought power so if a wank stain in a commadore wants a go id do him

Thanks
BRock

mx68u
Admin
Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
Posted:Aug 8 2003, 06:40 PM
how long have you had it?

if you just got ownership i think a good service would be in order, check the condition of your ignition leads, oil, plugs, air filter etc etc

now once you have some nice oil and the car is running with all newish serviced parts its time to start working on some form of modz wink.gif

all cars will respond well to an exhaust change, since yours is an 84 you wont have to worry about a cat, also call up a few exhaust places and see if extractors are available for your car as well...

since its a 6 i image a 2.5inch exhaust should do the trick esp if its only mildy tuned... just get a press bent one it'll be much cheaper and if you can afford it a set of extractors...

that will net you a considerable gain, then i would look at some form of cold air intake system, evil chief has a how to guide for newer fords but it will point you in the right direction, click here wink.gif

lastly after all thats sorted you best find someone to tune it and possibly advance the ignition timing, do it with hi octane fuel...

thats my 2c anywayz icon4.gif

EVL-FORD
ATFC Member
Group: ATFC Member
Member No.: 231
Posted:Aug 9 2003, 01:59 AM
Yeah, what mx68u said. Since its EFI, you might wanna up the injector size a little a bit later on. don't ask me what size cos i'm just learning about fuel injection at the moment. a nice set of extractors wouoldnt go astray, my last 2 Ford's had Pacemaker Extractors on them and they worked quite well with no drama's.

If its an auto, get the trans serviced, if its a manual, make sure your clutch is adjusted properly. Transmissions that slip will cause no power as well.

Since its got an electronic dizzy, replace the cap and rotor button to get maximum spark to your spark plug leads.

Thats all i can think of for now.

Good luck!

This post has been edited by EVL-FORD on Aug 9 2003, 02:00 AM

--------------------
EA Falcon, 4.0L OHC, 5 Speed...

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
6 replies since Aug 8 2003, 05:34 PM

<< Back to Ford Tech Centre