Posted:--
Car Profile Comments

Member: SABBAi
Vehicle: 1990 Ford Telstar TX5 Turbo 12v
Drivetrain: FWD
Engine: Turbo Charged 4 Cylinder
Car Category: Sleeper
Profile Created: February 3, 2004

Owner Comments: Purchased this car recently. When funds permit, it'll be done up gradually.

Car Profile Link: https://www.totalrpm.com/car/918

mx68u
Admin
Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
Car Profile: Available
Posted:Feb 4 2004, 10:54 PM
hows the daikin.. im considering one over the next fortnight, its either that or something custom which will probably just end up killing my diff anywayz... how much did it set you back? btw, nice ride thumbup.gif cool.gif

SABBAi
Regular Poster
Group: Members
Member No.: 918
Posted:Feb 5 2004, 04:40 PM
The Daiken is pretty tuff. I'm kinda heavy on it(or is that off it?? wink.gif ) It'll hold wheel spin all the way throguh 2nd and into 3rd.

It's a little different to what I used to drive. I had an old school Sube with a 5 button ceramic, cable actualted. Nice and heavy. This is like driving a factory thing to me. But it is tuff.

mx68u
Admin
Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
Posted:Feb 5 2004, 08:20 PM
thats what i keep hearing, its not really heavy sort of factory feel but grips pretty damn good for what it is... think ill go for that considering the condition i suspect my dif and gearbox is in smile.gif bloody $380 i got quoted for, still looking for cheaper

zseipolt
Member No.: 359
Posted:Feb 18 2004, 12:09 PM
hey man, nice car! i was just wondering if you still had the original parcel shelf. i have ben looking for one everywhere. they are so hard to find.

--------------------
ert ert

SABBAi
Regular Poster
Posted:Feb 18 2004, 04:38 PM
Yeah I do. It has cutouts for 6 x 9's though...

EVLTX5
Member No.: 1113
Posted:Mar 9 2004, 09:35 PM
hey, nice tx5,im in melb n have an 89' and am wondering how u installed your cold air, ive been looking and find it hard to get a position, have u used the factory outlet on the side box and a pipe to the front of the car??
cheers, michael

SABBAi
Regular Poster
Posted:Mar 10 2004, 04:22 PM
I took some pix of how I did it. I'll put a link up to them tonight.

telstar2nv
Member No.: 1083
Posted:Mar 14 2004, 07:17 PM
hey dude, nice car, looks clean...i got one exactly like it, but in black.... the 18's in my car didn't really give any trouble when fitted, but 215/35/18 profiles will be the biggest you can put under there without doing any panel work, any bigger and guards will have to be rolled. thinking of doing anymore mods??

SABBAi
Regular Poster
Posted:Mar 18 2004, 04:35 PM
Yeah, I wanna up the boost a bit more. Do some work to the head, get a custom dump pipe made up, possibley with a screamer pipe, and some nice 17" rims. cool.gif

EVLTX5
Posted:Mar 22 2004, 04:45 PM
would u be able to upload pics of ur cold air intake, as i wanna c wat type of set up u used..... or even write a link to where i would be able to find 1 for a tx5
cheers
michael

SABBAi
Regular Poster
Posted:Mar 24 2004, 04:55 PM
Check pics here:

http://community.webshots.com/album/124383774inOBRD

SABBAi
Regular Poster
Posted:Mar 24 2004, 05:03 PM
forgot to add, that it's sort of in sequence.

You can do it without taking the panel off.
1 Take your wheel off.
2 Take off the plastic inner guard (half way)
3 Remove the bolts that hold the inlet pipe on. 1 at the back. 1 under the battery. 1 underneith. and one pointing forward.
4 pull the plenum off the silencer
5 remove the indicator, so you can see what you are doing
6 romove the inlet tubing
7 get your flexible tubing and feed through body work, connect to airbox
8 run tube to front, selecting a suitable inlet
9 fix the tube in place properley, otherwise it'll suck it up when you accelerate hard. blush.gif
10 put it back together again

EVLTX5
Posted:Mar 24 2004, 07:23 PM
hey
thanks heaps for the help, i just finished installing it, when i came onto the computer to c u have uploading the instructions !! haha
oh well, cheers anyway.....
ive installed it exact the same, yet now i need to change my filter as its pretty shitty, im thinking of installing a pod, wat do u think? i just dnt want it sucking in hot air, the hosing pipe i used is pretty large, so it'll breath alotta air into the bay.....
1 question.
wat is that plastic air pipe for? i dnt understand A. how that crappy thing could possibly intake air, and b. the amount of manufactoring that has gone into installing these, its such a waste, as it does nothing !!, i couldnt understand it when i pulled it off.... wierd
oh well, thanks for the help anyway

SABBAi
Regular Poster
Posted:Mar 25 2004, 04:28 PM
The snorklet thing is to direct cooler air, from outside the engine bay. You would have noticed that when you pulled it off, there was like a foam filled surounding, with holes in it, that's what that plenum thing attached to. It acts like a big silencer on the intake.

I put in a K&N panel filter. cost me about $140. Easy to install. took about 15mins max. Now my over boost problem is happening again. When I put the CAI on, it went away. High flow filter as well, and it's back again... dry.gif

EVLTX5
Posted:Mar 25 2004, 04:51 PM
since i found a crack in my main pipe connecting to the throttle body which was leaking alotta air, i soon replaced it, and now most of my "beeping" problems have gone, yet it still beeps if im just sitting in 3rd or 5th and accelerate hard, it starts, but off takeoff i can usually get alotta boost going without it occuring......
how much boost are u running now?
so u have installed a flat filter which u placed straight into the factory air box? im thinking of going for the pod as ive got alotta air getting in to keep it cool........

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
67 replies since Feb 3 2004, 05:10 PM
Pages: (5) [1] 2 3 ... Last »
<< Back to Car Profile Comments