Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Xe Falcon G/box Into Te Cortina, possible?
EvilChief
The Evil One
Group: ATFC Moderator
Member No.: 146
Car Profile: Available
Posted:May 14 2003, 03:27 AM
Deathchamp:
just wondering if a xe 5 speed would fit into a te cortina, also the engine is efi so would i have to mess around with the computer to get it runnin proply.

corty80:
In regards to your question to the 5 speed gearbox from an xe falcon it should fit into a te. I have a 5 speed from a celica in my te cortina. You may need to modify the bracket that holds the transmission, thats what I had to do. Also not sure if the tailshaft needs to be changed with that typre of 5 speed. Mine required a different tailshaft. As 4 the efi my car was previously efi, you wont need to do anything to the computer to get it running, but will need to get it wired up. A word of advice, if u are planning on working the motor the stock computer will need to be chaged to an aftermarket on. The XE/XF computers cannot be modified as fare as I know. If u do decide to go efi dont run lpg unless using an aftermarket computer. Once I reconnected the lpg on my car I had problems with it not running properly. On petrol it was fine. It would be better to have an aftermarket computer as this would let you get rid of the airflow meter which is a real pain. Also if u go efi u will need to modify the heater box, because of the fuel rail and plenium. You can check out my website at click hereor email me : corty80@yahoo.com
Good luck
seya

V8 Wagon:
when putting the four speed borgwarner box into a corty you need to change the quadrant and the extension housing in order to move the gearstick further forward in the car. If you take a 5 speed straight out of a falcon and drop it in I would imagine the gearstick would appear somewhere between the front seats (about where the handbrake currently lives). I would also assume you'd need a shorter tailshaft made up.

--------------------
WHOHOO ... got my opens today ... as much as it would matter to me anyway
... and 96 in the ash tray!

tool
Group: Members
Member No.: 1941
Posted:Aug 21 2004, 03:51 AM
Why even bother with a Cortina peice of shit still to the mighty aussie Falcon ya FUCKWIT !!

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
3 replies since May 14 2003, 03:27 AM

<< Back to Ford Tech Centre