Posted:Aug 21 2005, 07:20 PM

hello again guys, ok so here is wat i do, u no just got my p's
so i give my car aboit round tight corners but even wen i dont
go very hard for some reason my front left tyres makes an odd noise
like a rubbing noise, now my car is lowered but wen i corner left
its fine only wen i corner right does it doit, whether its a hand
brakey or just going round a corner, now i was htinking maybe brakes
are gone on that tyre or maybe supsesion is gone, so tell me what u
think guys, i dont wana roll my car wen i brake something there and kill my self.. thanks
sad.gif

Skena
Group: Members
Member No.: 2499
Car Profile: Available
Posted:Aug 21 2005, 09:07 PM
Don't want to get on your case, but i hope when you say your car isn't lowered, i hope youe don't mean chopped springs, as then you shouldn't bother asking what the cause is, but it is probably a suspension problem, as when the weight of your car is been transferred to the left hand do you ehar it, a wheel alignment may be a good idea, but do some checks first, which i will list

This post has been edited by Skena on Aug 21 2005, 09:12 PM

--------------------
Bullshitters can take a walk, let your car do the talking, not your mouth.

Skena
Group: Members
Member No.: 2499
Posted:Aug 21 2005, 09:08 PM
Alrite, heres a few things you can do to check and diagnose what your problem is.

Tyre Scrub - Check your tyres for excess uneven wear (the inside of your tyre will be worn more due to lowering) and also check the plastic guard for signs of coming into contact with tyre (the more you turn whell more likely you are to hear it when driving ie. full lock)

Wheel bearings - Jack your car up from the front jacking point till tyre is off the ground with the suspension free to hang. Grab the top and bottom of your wheel and jiggle it back and forth. Is there much freeplay ?? If there is, your front wheel bearings may be loose in which case you need to go somewhere and get your front wheel bearings checked and repacked, as well as a front wheel alignment. Whilst you have the front wheel off the ground, hold the sides of the tyre, and jiggle them, is there much freeplay in the steering. Again if there is excess freeeplay, you may need a new rod end or adjustments made to your steering rack, and agian a wheel alignment would also be needed.

Suspension - Take your front left wheel off and have a look at your suspension for any indicators that anything is wrong. Check rubber bushes at all the joints of the ssupension to see if any of the rubbers are overly perished. Check the shock body for dents or signs of leaking. Check your spring to see it has moved out of position (maybe when car was lowered they did not seat the spring properly). If fitted check to see swaybar is all tight, and no rods are bent at all. If anything is wrong here, go to yoru local suspension shop and get it sorted out.

Brakes - Agian while the wheel is off have a look at the brakes. Check to see if your brake line has been rubbing agianst anything, check the condition of your frotn disc, and most importantly check your caliper and pad. The front calipers on your car are what are called "floating type" If the caliper isn't able to move freely, you experience pad drag, where on pad doesn't move properly back away from disc, and rubs against your disc. The easy way to check for this is to see how even the inside and outside pads are wearing. Any difference 2mm or more will indicate that this is quite likely the cause. If this is the case then take your car to a mechanic / brake shop / wherever, and get them to dismantle the brakes and lubricate the slides, clean up the pads etc.

Hope this has given you some ideas and help you out in trying to diagnose the problem you are haivng. The more you learn and understand your car, the better you are able to to work out what is wrong with your car, and how to deal with it. Good luck, and let us know how you go with it.

--------------------
Bullshitters can take a walk, let your car do the talking, not your mouth.

mx68u
Admin
Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
Posted:Aug 22 2005, 02:11 PM
not much left to contribute.. comprehensive response skena smile.gif

VN let us know how it goes.. i would jack up the car and inspect for any evidence of rubbing first off wink.gif

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
5 replies since Aug 21 2005, 07:20 PM

<< Back to General Discussion