Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Everything There Is To Know About V8 Cortina's, I need it!
karl017
Group: Members
Member No.: 4200
Posted:Jun 28 2006, 05:57 PM
I'm going to be building a 302 Windsor to put in a TE Cortina and i just getting some info and trying to work out how much everything will cost.
It is intended for a street car so performace isn't that bigger an issue.
So hear it goes.

- What brakes are good to use for this car/engine? I've heard that XE Fairlane brakes are good.

- How much does a stud conversion cost? If i use the XE Fairmont brakes, i will need one.

- What is the deal with the transmission. Seen alot of TE's with 302W's but none in manual. Can it be done? If not, what is the best auto to use. There's alot with C4's, and i've seen a few with C9's, what is better? Also, do i need a Converter, Cooler, Shift kit?

- What is the best diff to use? A few people have told me to use a 9 inch diff, but then there is couple i've seen with 3.5 ratio mini-spool Borg warner's (I know absoluetly nothing in this department so they could be the same thing for all i know)Do i want/need and LSD?

- What manifold is best? Holley, Edelbrock, others?

- What water pump should i use?

- As i'm not looking for power, is it worth running it on LPG?

- Pistons, Camshaft, Rods, bearings, timing chain, carurettor?

- Wher can i get some suspension to suit this engine/car?

- Do i need to strengthen the chassis?

- I wan't to have a twin exhaust system (one on either side), for looks really, but also for sound. What is the best set up for that nice loud V8 rumble.

- What size radiator, type of fans?

I did say "EVERYTHING". Plus anything else i missed out.
Also how much do you think i would be looking at spending on the engine alone?

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
2 replies since Jun 28 2006, 05:57 PM

<< Back to General Discussion