Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Last Drags..., Wet Season is here!
Fake_xu1
GMHOONS
Group: Moderators
Member No.: 138
Car Profile: Available
Posted:Dec 2 2003, 01:59 AM
had the ladt drags for the year on friday! Was a good night! 73 entrants i think, which is a record for Darwin...

Chubz finaly got the street legal track record with an 11.5 sec 1/4... he has the hugest Nos system now!

errr there was another torry a black A9x that pulled an 11.7 or 11.8 can't remember... it was soooo sweet, i'll get some piccys up! one day! smile.gif

The Coppers came down in 'THE HEAT' a worked up VY commo.. how dissapointing was that, it was supposed to run 12s, ended up running low 14s all night.... looks like the fuzz need to learn how to drive blink.gif

There was a sound off too! The winner got 151 db or some shit! is that massive or what? don't know much about sound offs!? huh.gif

It was a funny night at the end of the day! The finals were shite... i swear it was all fixed! why was a 14 second wrx matched against a 12 sec GTS in the 'King of the mountain' (or what ever they called it) the wrx had 0 chances of winning! no wonder he didn't line up!

The final should have been Chubz vrs the A9x?

anywho!.... comments?

--------------------
28 days... 6 hours... 42 minutes... 12 seconds

ITZ-WAR
Occasional Poster
Group: Members
Member No.: 136
Posted:Dec 5 2003, 02:04 AM
and i did a 14.4 woohoooo

Cordial
Member No.: 113
Posted:Dec 15 2003, 03:09 PM
The king of the valley final was ment to be Chubs against the GTS. But in the finall for the fastest V8 chubs snapped the right axel, therefore giving the fastest V8 and king of the valley title to the green GTS. Although it was rigged, because the black A9x was told his 11.8 didn't count cause he didn't get it before 10pm. And the officals were trying to make the GTS line up in lane one, which we all know is the better lane.

Also the officals had a go at us, well actually told us to pack up and go home, for useing VHT. But 4 runs later, the black A9X used VHT and nothing was said to him...

Same with the rules about running with pipes. We were only allowed to dump the pipes at the end of the mufflers, so the mufflers were still attached. But 4 other cars were dumped without the mufflers being attached.

I hope the rules are stated a bit better next season. Cause this one rule for them and another rule for someone else is a little unfair...

--------------------
"When the clutch drops, the buillshit stops."

ITZ-WAR
Occasional Poster
Member No.: 136
Posted:Dec 16 2003, 02:06 PM
dont worry they heard about it from me all night complaining and saying it was shit. The red ford from QLD kept going down the police lane and racing the cops and other people so i did and got told of so i siad what rules for old people and one and rules for others, We all know dirt bikes are not legal road bikes so are four wheelers there was a shit jet bike that wasted 2o minutes of our racing time and there was proper drag cars there and we are told we cant use slicks and traction compound cos our insurance doesnt cover it dont worry I wana get on committe or something or get a few of the street racers on and fix it up if they are gona have prizes end of year

Fake_xu1
GMHOONS
Posted:Dec 16 2003, 04:33 PM
Yeah the whole set up was 'shite'.... we should definately see if we can get someone on the committee for next year!....

who do we speak to? unsure.gif

--------------------

Cordial
Member No.: 113
Posted:Dec 18 2003, 03:26 AM
I would say the best person to speak to would be Ben Simpson (The Scud), he is on the commitee. He told us we could use VHT, but then someone else told us we couldn't.

The comitee is pretty much made up of drag racers. So they run the whole street meet as a test and tune for their cars, and they are all buddies with the Motor X club, so thats why all the bikes are there...

I think it would be pretty hard to get onto the commitee, but something has to be done. If anyone can come up with any good suggestions, i know heaps of people who would back you up. I just can't be fugged trying to do anything myself, i don't have the patience for "stupid people"...

--------------------
"When the clutch drops, the buillshit stops."

Fake_xu1
GMHOONS
Posted:Dec 19 2003, 01:21 PM
Josh is chums with Ben... he has alreday asked him to do bits of advertising for next seasons meets!... thumbup.gif We'll get him to sort it out!

--------------------

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
8 replies since Dec 2 2003, 01:59 AM

<< Back to Northen Territory