Posted:--
Car Profile Comments

Member: MerlinTX5
Vehicle: 1990 Ford Telstar TX5 AV 2.2 Turbo
Drivetrain: FWD
Engine: Turbo Charged 4 Cylinder
Car Category: Classic
Profile Created: August 5, 2005

Owner Comments: Still learning the ropes of mod cars and how expensive the bastards can be! Willing to hear any suggestions to enhancing performance. Looking at engine re-bulid but us girls get ripped off the general mechanic who wants to make an xtra buck. If theres anyone who owns same model, do you have info on the gear set, I've lost my power steering, cruise control and speedo, not impressed.

Car Profile Link: https://www.totalrpm.com/car/3501

--------------------
TXJo-JoTX

zorb_rules
Forum Junkie
Group: Members
Member No.: 1812
Car Profile: Available
Posted:Aug 6 2005, 03:19 PM
You have a garret turbo in you tx5 did it come standard or what..thats pimnping as...what size and type is it..must have a lot of custom work doen in there

MR.TRBO
Occasional Poster
Member No.: 2416
Posted:Aug 8 2005, 08:44 PM
its good to see a female join the tx5 boyz!! nice car would love to see more pics of it and ya garrett turbo setup

MerlinTX5
Member No.: 3501
Posted:Aug 8 2005, 10:07 PM
I have no farkn idea! Garrett, I knew at one stage, Ill ah get back to ya on that. As I said, still learning the ropes. Actually not that much has been done to it, I had the head machined and replaced the gasket for a copperhead gasket, fun that was, I never felt more proud the day the garrett went in, I cried, sad. Got the saw onto the front grill and siliconed some mesh in which I picked up from Hi-way truck accesories for $20, cheap as for a massive size. Then wired some red LED'z although it wasn't the effect I wanted. I took about 3 films of when I installed the stez, had to get some help from a friends boyfriend but he said, Im not doin it for you, Im just tellin' you, man after the work and hours you spend boggin up mdf for pods its definately worth it. Although the remote wire wasn't functioning from the back of the head deck so we hard wired it to something else, works like a dream. Wouldn't recommend the cheap jay car fuse hloders, not very heat resistant and they crack. Im a bit concerned, you tellin' me all the tx5's on here are dudez, oh wait the chick that put her tx5 on photoshop or whateverr, good try, see that a mile away.Give me some confidence, Ive been trying to sell her but no bites, Im thinkong that Im meant to kep the bitch and rip out the guts, (keep the garrett) and put in something new, stronger engine component maybe to run a EMS. Apparently micro-tech is the go.

--------------------
TXJo-JoTX

MR.TRBO
Occasional Poster
Member No.: 2416
Posted:Aug 9 2005, 05:41 AM
seems you pretty much know the basics thats more then i can say for most girls,most wouldn;t even touch their cars.

PRVJET
Member No.: 2663
Posted:Aug 9 2005, 10:39 PM
if u still cant figure out why your speedo and etc. arent working it because your speedo drive cable snapped or poppoed out of the gearbox myne did it couple months back nothing to worry bout smile.gif just tell the mechanic or whoever looks at it to chek the sppedo drive cable smile.gif

MerlinTX5
Posted:Aug 10 2005, 06:06 PM
Cheers dude, I've checked the cable where the manual tranmission fluid goes looks all good but haven't checkt up behind the dash, should be a Saturday job huh clover.gif

--------------------
TXJo-JoTX

xtreme tx5
Occasional Poster
Member No.: 2927
Posted:Aug 10 2005, 06:08 PM
hey nice car,the rims look sweet.a cheap way to get heaps of horses get a fuel pump(at least 500hp) and fuel reg(mallory)should cost no more than $400, and a boost controller. but yeah ur car looks real neat one of the cleanest i've seen. can u post some pics of ur interior.

MerlinTX5
Posted:Aug 10 2005, 06:11 PM
Sure, next week my bitch is down from TVL (my friend) she has a digi cam so I'll get sum photos of the stez and inside, neat as, I know and apparently chicks don't keep thier car clean! As for the others Garrett T15. Hairdryer.

--------------------
TXJo-JoTX

MerlinTX5
Posted:Aug 10 2005, 06:16 PM
What you recommend for a boost controller? Autobarn cheap shit or turbosmart seem to be pretty popular and efficient. Do you know anything about capacitors for the stez? i'm looking at more equipment in the next couple of months.

--------------------
TXJo-JoTX

MerlinTX5
Posted:Aug 10 2005, 06:23 PM
I see you live on Southside Brizzy, funny we haven't passed eachother yet!

--------------------
TXJo-JoTX

zorb_rules
Forum Junkie
Member No.: 1812
Posted:Aug 10 2005, 08:23 PM
No need for a capacitor as far as Im concerned smile.gif and Im runnign 3 amps to 15 inch subs and 2 sets of speakers..soon to be 3 smile.gif.... as far at boost contoller I'd suggest turbosmart although many people say the sp[ike with the tx5's Ive never had a problem either them or GFB

MerlinTX5
Posted:Aug 10 2005, 08:59 PM
Thats all you had to say zorb! Thanks for that. Apparently you guys down South were doin a TX5 cruise, I was gunna say to old mate coz he lives up here, thatd be a good idea w00t.gif I'd be honoured to be the only chik at a cruise. Besides thier Gf's. Some wank told me The kicker Amps shit on Fusion, whats ur view?

--------------------
TXJo-JoTX

xtreme tx5
Occasional Poster
Posted:Aug 11 2005, 07:44 PM
u live in southside too ay, go the turbosmart its been good for me and gfb products all cheap shit dont waste ur money. we should do a cruz down here my m8s got a tx5, u near underwood? oh yeah no headache but i do get a lot of ppl lookin in.

MerlinTX5
Posted:Aug 12 2005, 03:52 PM
Over the West side dude, but my Ma is on Southside and Im usually over that way, so it'd be sweet to see other tx5's. I had some dudes down Sydney hassle me to sell it but I said no. Then I moved to Townsville and theres like crap there, Im tellin you, CRAP. Theres like one place up there that modify cars and the other place are dodgy.

--------------------
TXJo-JoTX

xtreme tx5
Occasional Poster
Posted:Oct 10 2005, 05:49 PM
ur sterio comin along nicely u done any perfrmance stuff yet? check out the dash i got 4 sale next time ur ova soufside u should come have a look.got a shit load of spares too.

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
28 replies since Aug 6 2005, 12:02 PM
Pages: (2) [1] 2 
<< Back to Car Profile Comments