Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

New Chat Room
1tina
Group: ATFC Member
Member No.: 225
Car Profile: Available
Posted:Jan 20 2004, 08:12 PM
as Mick has closed the original ATFC site/club/chat room, a couple of the members are going to try and keep it going, the new server for ATFC chat room is:
irc.absoluteirc.com

Please join us and make youself known.

--------------------
ATFC member

EVL-FORD
ATFC Member
Member No.: 231
  Posted:Jan 21 2004, 01:25 AM
Really? It's closed? I think u mean that i de-registered the chat room cos the channel was hardly being used, and the website has been down for a couple of days now.

I have in no way decided to shut the whole thing down, but by the way some of you people are acting (you know who you are) i'm contemplating making it just an SA club.

If these people got their facts straight, by either being civil and calling me up, or smsing me a "nice, non abusive" message, i could've told them what was happening.

So all of you who are pissed off with me at this very moment, you can be pissed off with me, i haven't done anything wrong. Just because i dont have much time on my hands at the moment doesnt mean i'm going to chuck it all in for the sake of doing so. It's just not a high priority right now.

So i'm sorry to all of those who have misjudged what i said.

Regards

Michael

ATFC Founder

--------------------
EA Falcon, 4.0L OHC, 5 Speed...

RoadRunner
Member No.: 224
Posted:Jan 21 2004, 02:04 PM
Michael.....If you don't have time to do all the club tasks that need to be done, try delegating to some of the other members.

This is a club......Owned by the club members for the club members....Not owned by a single person.

Before you de-registered the chatroom it should have gone to a vote. Let the members decide, it is their club after all.

It is clear now that you haven't "shutdown" the club, but when members started contacting me yesterday with none of the clubs' site/chatroom working, it did look bad for you after your post about the "staleness" of the club. Sorry for jumping to conclusions, but a post here to let people know what happened would've stopped this from happening.

Mark (RoadRunner)

May your FORD always go fast and hard!
AMEN

dino1983
Group: ATFC Moderator
Member No.: 685
Posted:Jan 21 2004, 09:42 PM
ok this is getting confusing wat is happening with the club is it shutting down or staying open or just beeing an SA club or wat !!!!!! coz i really think the members have the right to no

EVL-FORD
ATFC Member
Member No.: 231
Posted:Jan 22 2004, 12:25 AM
The club is not shutting down, like everyone has thought dean. Just because the server that the page is stored on has either 1.) crashed or 2.) been pulled down offline due to the person hosting the site not having the server connected anymore (who knows), doesnt mean that the club is shut down.

It's also not just an SA club either.

Mark, exactly what am i to delegate? The page can't be updated because its not working, and you've also decided to shift the chatroom to another server without consulting anyone else. So other than that, not many tasks can be given to anyone because there are none to be given out.

If you compile a list, then people will be appointed to certain tasks.

Michael

--------------------
EA Falcon, 4.0L OHC, 5 Speed...

summer
Unregistered
Posted:Apr 25 2004, 03:55 AM
looking for fun

dino1983
Group: ATFC Moderator
Member No.: 685
Posted:Apr 27 2004, 08:34 PM
looking for fun ????? wat does that mean

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
8 replies since Jan 20 2004, 08:12 PM

<< Back to Sit Back and Relax