Head Units, which one?
EvilChief
The Evil One
Group: ATFC Moderator
Member No.: 146
Car Profile: Available
Posted:May 14 2003, 02:53 AM
1tina:
I am looking at getting a new head unit next week, and I am a little confused as to which one to buy, although I love the clarion, theyre units look @#%$.
What brand of head unit would you prefer and why?

eruptioncomp:
Pioneer. Flip downs a pain but they read any CDR. I do mean any CDR even failed copies.

Other reasons :

Clarity and power output

I have more bass coming from two 200w 6*9 Kenwood speakers in the back of the XB than some people have with a sub woofer. hahaha.

I've got a DEH 3350 and a DEH 313 in my shitter Hyndai S-Coupe.

Brenden

1tina:
ok, I got a new head unit for my b'day, I ended up gettin a kenwood, sound is clear, and the bass, well, with the stock speakers in the POS, it still sounds good, will be looking at upgrading the splits tho, coz they overheat and sorta stop working.

eruptioncomp:
Kenwood would have been my second option. I've had a Kenwood. Great h/u faultless. Mine was a very high end unit and didn't have an internal amp. Short story someone stole it

Brenden

--------------------
WHOHOO ... got my opens today ... as much as it would matter to me anyway
... and 96 in the ash tray!

Fordman
Group: Members
Member No.: 260
Posted:May 30 2003, 12:13 AM
I'd say go with a Pioneer. I have a DEH-2150(i think) and I've had it about 2yrs or more, and it's still as good now as it was when I first bought it. Good clarity, quality and the bass is good even thru std speakers in my EF. When I had it in the XE with the 6" 2 ways in the back it sounded even better - was surprising considering the speakers weren't anything flash smile.gif

1st: Pioneer
2nd: Sony

1tina
Group: ATFC Member
Member No.: 225
Posted:May 30 2003, 12:37 AM
I actually ended up gettin myself a kenwood, cant remember the model or nething, but it was a good head unit, but unfortunately it got sold with the VS
crying.gif

if I was to replace the head unit in theXR6, then I would definately go kenwood, along with clarion speakers

--------------------
ATFC member

FTR_EL
Group: ATFC Member
Member No.: 246
Posted:Jun 2 2003, 12:51 PM
I have had, Pioneer, Sony, Alpine and Panasonic decks, my girlfriend had a clarion deck. I would honestly say the best out of the lot was the Panasonic. It was blue faced with a dome light and read mp3's all CDR's and never ever skipped even with shity Cd's.

Second best I would say is the Pioneer decks as they are good for sub/amp/split setups.

But my next one will be a panasonic...

Believe it or not

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
5 replies since May 14 2003, 02:53 AM

<< Back to Sit Back and Relax