Posted:--
Car Profile Comments

Member: turbo_boy
Vehicle: 1989 Ford Telstar TX5 Turbo
Drivetrain: FWD
Engine: Turbo Charged 4 Cylinder
Car Category: Sleeper
Profile Created: July 28, 2004

Owner Comments: Hello.. Bought this tx5 about christmas 2003, completly stock as a rock. Had only done 124,000kms so i was pretty rapt. Plus i bought it off a old lady so i knew it wasnt rapped too hard so thats pretty legit. Slowly doin it up.. want to get a exhaust system happening soon..dunno if i should get 3incha or just 2n1/5... i doubt i will run too high boost caus im paranoid i will launch a piston out mi bonnet.. and plans for a mass cooler and big pipes to match it.

Car Profile Link: https://www.totalrpm.com/car/512

EVLTX5
Group: Members
Member No.: 1113
Car Profile: Available
Posted:Jul 29 2004, 07:54 AM
hey how r ya
nice tx, looks neat
good to see em starting to build up around vic........gotta get a tx5 cruise going !!!!

SABBAi
Regular Poster
Member No.: 918
Posted:Jul 29 2004, 10:23 PM
Yeah looks tight!!! Nice a clean... Seems that your car is suffering from the same thing mine was when I got it.... The rims point in opposite directions!!!

turbo_boy
Member No.: 512
Posted:Aug 1 2004, 02:04 PM
Hey, thanks for your feedback... i was wondering if there is any other sites on the net or forums based on the tx5 turbo...caus i carnt find shiza on the net.
anyposts will be apreciated...

sus this out<< i nearly fell off mi chair when i saw the front mount cooler.

cya devil.gif

zorb_rules
Forum Junkie
Member No.: 1812
Posted:Aug 1 2004, 11:43 PM
Hey smile.gif I nearly brought taht green car 2 weeks ago when I was buying mine. test drove it and everything yeah that front mount is bloody huge and the cooler makes a great sound. IT was a nice car mechanically but apperance wise it needed a bit of work. he wanted 7,500 for it I talked him down to 6,800 but decided to get my balck one instead. The car was quick but you know, hadnt really be maintained the best and needed some work. NEwayz yeah intercooler is huge.

QIK-TX5
Regular Poster
Member No.: 1555
Posted:Aug 5 2004, 10:54 AM
That intercooler looks NUTS! looks mean! shows how much difference a good paint job can make to the look of a car....mite have to get me one of those biggrin.gif

EVLTX5
Posted:Aug 5 2004, 07:49 PM
hmmm, im a fan of the tx5 cos i have one !! , but i reakon that looks so ugly....bad choice of paint, and it looks like its badly maintained.......
and the intercooler is a bit over the top, plus its a truck intercooler which doesnt work that well compared to half decent one.
haha, look at the shit he wrote, looks so dodgy........ " car serviced every month" !!! hahaha sure mate
"i had offers of 7800" u must be a tossa if u belive any of that.......

zorb_rules
Forum Junkie
Member No.: 1812
Posted:Aug 5 2004, 11:46 PM
Yeah he did speak a heap of shit but yeah. As if it'd be serviced every month. He wasnt go get a rwc for it or nothing and the paint job was pretty shit he did it himself. only good thing on it was the bloody cold air intake which looked sweet but other than that it was pretty shitful really I much prefered my black one. What do you guys think should I have got the green one of the blackj one I now have? green was a 1988 mines a 1991 I got mine for 6,000 and it was standard except for the turbo time and some parts of the sound system. Green one I could have got for 6,800 minus rwc. Let me know.

EVLTX5
Posted:Aug 6 2004, 01:27 PM
i havnt seen the car in person, but from the looks and what he wrote, its a piece of crap, with a front mount, with is a truck core..hahaha
much better off with the black one, good choice......

SABBAi
Regular Poster
Member No.: 918
Posted:Aug 6 2004, 05:13 PM
I second that....

Much better to start off fresh, annd then modify it yourself. It means that you don't have someone else f*ck up to deal with. But you may be able to pick up a sweet deal from someone, if it's been done right.

fadz84
Member No.: 1892
  Posted:Aug 11 2004, 02:07 AM
OK thats me with the green car your talking about. so which guy wher you turbo_boy? and you EVLTX5 not only your car has the name evil but you seem like an evil C**t too. how is is the car badly maintained? hous the cooler bad for the car? and what makes you think im talking shit. i am not even gonna argue about anything with yous. and by the way turbo_boy iam glad you didnt buy it you didnt seem to know shit about cars when you rocked up anyway. you missed out.[B

fadz84
Posted:Aug 11 2004, 02:13 AM
i just saw the car you bought over my one. maybe you made a good choise maybe you didnt. im not gonna comment. by the way i wanted $7000 not 7,500. congradulations on ur new car. how is it? you think you made the right choice?

fadz84
Posted:Aug 11 2004, 02:17 AM
sorry turbo_boy i wasnt talking about you i was referring to zorb_rules.

fadz84
Posted:Aug 11 2004, 02:20 AM
sorry turbo_boy i wasnt talking about you i was referring to zorb_rules. i got mixed up.

turbo_boy
Member No.: 512
Posted:Aug 11 2004, 01:09 PM
No worries bro, i was tripping out caus i thought ur car was prrty mental....
Orite later sikjaks
devil.gif

post some engine shots if u want !!!!! caus i wanna see the piping etc....

EVLTX5
Posted:Aug 11 2004, 01:11 PM
fadz84, relax would ya, haha,
im not saying your talking shit, who knows, u might have invoices ect to show ur car was serviced every 30 days, who knows, but if u do, you'd be the first guy in aus to be doing it.
Secondly, when did i say the cooler was bad for the car? all im saying is that its a truck core, which as many ppl know, arnt designed for injected engines and dont allow alot of air flow compared to water-air.
cheers lads

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
58 replies since Jul 28 2004, 11:24 PM
Pages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last »
<< Back to Car Profile Comments