Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  
fastest MX6 F2T Aust???
Sleak
Group: Members
Member No.: 16
Posted:Oct 3 2002, 09:20 PM
I am looking for the fastest F2T MX6 in aust. Need proof too!

Im going to clame it if I cant get any!!

Rhys.,.
Sleak MX-6

--------------------
13.7 @ 108mph...2.5 60footer.

Peaknhard
Civic Type-R
Group: Banned
Member No.: 6
Car Profile: Available
Posted:Oct 3 2002, 10:30 PM
from memory i think ive seen one in oz runnin 12s, dont quote me on it though

--------------------
"Peaknhard Bro, PEAKnhard"

mx68u
Admin
Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
Posted:Oct 3 2002, 10:43 PM
there was also some guy in an old hot 4 performance mag with a nice red example with a hybrid wrx turbo, custom made bov's and a front mount ic running in the 13's.... that was on a gtech tho ohmy.gif

Dunno how quick 2xpose runs but if his got half as much money spent on go faster bits than his spent on appearence modz then he should be in the running too tongue.gif

Rodhog
Group: Moderators
Member No.: 19
Posted:Oct 4 2002, 12:42 AM
I have seen thread heard storys
If anyone runs faster then 13flat they are the fastest. Thats what I think.
personally I don't care because a real fast car is better then 11's but, that's because I know to many people with big V8's blown and N/A and rotarys all pulling low 12's or less. but hey I know a Civic that runs 13's flat so I would like to see a Mx-6 run 12's but I don't think it's been done.

--------------------
Winning is Winning
Fair or not
Perform on the Day
It's wasn't Me

RODHOG PROFILE

Sleak
Member No.: 16
Posted:Oct 5 2002, 04:57 PM
the ting is, an MX6 is not a blown V8, or a rotory or a civic. It is an MX6 and that is the times I am looking for. I know plenty of people with cars that are faster but I still am to see proof of an MX6 going faster then 13.7.

that time is on street tyres and pump fuel.

please someone give me some real times of 6's! No G tech times (as they mean nothing) and no times of WRXs or any other car as they are not the same!!

Thanks
Rhys.,.
Sleak MX-6

--------------------
13.7 @ 108mph...2.5 60footer.

mx68u
Admin
Posted:Oct 6 2002, 06:32 PM
i can say with confidence that your the quickest mx6 on these forums... but as you can see that doesnt really amount to much tongue.gif

13.7 is a nice time for a 1st genner.. i dont think there will many ppl faster but i suppose just about most ppl who have upgraded their turbo would be close to around those times.... ofcourse with the turbo change you need to place higher flowing injectors and it would probably be wise to change the ic and upgrade the piping wink.gif

FRaNKs
Member No.: 15
Posted:Oct 6 2002, 10:44 PM
i dont know if u guys say that chamelien mx6 at auto salon , but any way i was talking to him and he reakons his got high 11's before
i was quite shocked to

--------------------
Keep Australia Boosting!

mx68u
Admin
Posted:Oct 6 2002, 10:52 PM
high 11's jezuz mon! i didnt think they could reach 11's blink.gif

FRaNKs
Member No.: 15
Posted:Oct 6 2002, 11:16 PM
YEAH I DONT KNOW IF HE PULLED THAT OUT OF HIS ASS OR NOT ,BUT HE SURE HAD A SWEET RIDE

--------------------
Keep Australia Boosting!

Rodhog
Posted:Oct 8 2002, 01:58 PM
it's bull trust me it pulls low 13's only

--------------------
Winning is Winning
Fair or not
Perform on the Day
It's wasn't Me

RODHOG PROFILE

sans
Unregistered
Posted:Oct 9 2002, 06:35 PM
yeah guys completely modding these engines in the states just manage 12's.. low 13's seems like the quickest in australia then... any1 else heard of one quicker.. im sure there is considering the amount of front mounts i see these days tongue.gif

Peterd
Unregistered
  Posted:Oct 15 2002, 01:13 AM
That's crap...I'd love to see it run even low 13's let alone 11's...

People talk too much crap these days

Rodhog
Posted:Oct 15 2002, 03:37 PM
Yes 11's is very possible but it will depend on the biggest problem MONEY

MONEY. Money is going to stop most people. I know people who have 10second cars but they went down the road of a car that can do it due to having engine size space and parts already developed.
Fast honda's will rule the FWD drag seen for quite some time because they already have the development underway. The US has a number of very fast FWD imports.
But in Australia the car to bring the honda's down and cost less then $30,000 to do is the Toyota Corrolla. Being able to be picked up for under $10,000 with $10,000 on and engine & primary controls plus $10,000 for all the other work required.
We already have a 11second Corrolla 10's would not be far off.

What holds the Mx-6 back in full street trim is a heavy body and a motor that has only have real development in the US which means it costs. Yes People can import like Honda parts but with more Honda's being wokred on it means more Australian development is occuring. With Mx-6's being a low numbered car in terms of sales means that selling parts for other customers is limited.

But the RODHOG's Word is to GO out and spend and develop, the more people who pay and dream of doing/ building a 12second 11second and 10second Mx-6 the more popular the model will become you may find 626's doing the rounds most pullling 14's. Make it Happen as they say.

Don't forget Pac is building a Mx-6 20B rotary drag car yes it will jsut be a shell but it will put a bit of interest in the model. It might be a 2nd Gen but still people will aks about the faster 1st Gen

--------------------
Winning is Winning
Fair or not
Perform on the Day
It's wasn't Me

RODHOG PROFILE

Peaknhard
Civic Type-R
Group: Banned
Member No.: 6
Posted:Oct 20 2002, 03:54 AM
mate nothin other than another honda is gonna beat the current FWD record coz honda's rule
we'll civic VTi-R's do

nah seriously look at the amount of work done on the honda drag cars they practically got full tubs out the front where thay can bolt on hugh slicks, i aint ever seen that on a corolla let alone any other FWD with anything like that

Toyota's are sweet cars's but they have alway's suffered in the traction department(it's always gonna be there weak point)

look i reckon if an ET/EXA pulsar can run 12's as so many do with there 1.5 motor an mx6 should be able to run flat 12s or better

--------------------
"Peaknhard Bro, PEAKnhard"

Rodhog
Posted:Oct 22 2002, 11:15 PM
yeah but most ET's the I know even one that looks like crap goes like hell. I ain't joking
was just on the rear bum of a GT-R, but had 12,000 spent on the motor the body sucks but it's a bit of a sleeper.
Toyota's Corrolla's are good but need import motors EG 20valve and if you want to keep insurance happy "not happening".
Fastest street driven FWD is a Honda CRX at the moment
Fastest Toyota is Corrolla chick driven Turbo Corrolla (I think it has NOS to help as well)
Fastest Mazda powered FWD is a Laser TX3 with BP motor with a pass of 12.8seconds.

Mx-6 lack one bit in most Weight.
ET's are light under 900KG in some cases
Fast Corrolla's are bottom ranged nothing added.
That TX3 which is now stripped of it's motor had full street trim.

You want a fast FWD Get a FWD (any car) Add $30,000 to it and you have have it, that's street legal. If it was the case it would be a 90model flat bakc civic wirth a 1.8L Type R motor worked with a T4/T5 turbo, weather it be street legal in NSW is another question.

You want a Fast Mx-6 you have 2 paths to follow.
F2T factory motor in Aus
Import FE3
F2T equal head work (you leave the bottom end stock to find how far it can go, it's the most comon path and fun ) BIg turbo intercooler aftermarket ECU. Then bottom end work, but with a low statci compression shoudl hold up, with boost up to 20psi.
Import FE3 with turbo should get you into the high 13's with out much fuss but the high static compression would require you to use Hi-octane fuel EG: C16
That's with in about $10,000 on the motor includeing the work.
But you have to add GEARBOX weak in both Auto and Manual due to weak diff
Add estimated $4000 for a Torsen Diff best for drag and strip.Locked diff waste of time only for straight line use. Not street Legal
A worked auto will cost $3000 with out Torsen diff .
Other ways to make the diff stronger as well but will not give you LSD.

Go fullout

on a Mx-6 $30K and you may have some left for a paint job and you may just get into the 11,s.

This is where smart people go off and buy a GTS-T or a V8.
Then again Mx-6 14's daily
GT-R/RX-7 12's weekend Fun

--------------------
Winning is Winning
Fair or not
Perform on the Day
It's wasn't Me

RODHOG PROFILE

mx68u
Admin
Posted:Oct 22 2002, 11:32 PM
the only way you would get our 1st genners in the 12's would be after some putting a larger (much larger) turbo along with heaps of head work to improve flow, ofcourse the usually larger front mount, injectors, ecu, fuel pump, pressure reg, heaps of dyno time and heaps of psi.. then you would have the trash the crap out of it from about 5000 to 7500 rpm to take advantage of that massive turbo.. and you know how our cars love high revs... it wouldnt be too long till you need to complete balance and blueprint and chuck in a shit load of new internals dry.gif

FE3 are probably the way to go.. i havent really read up much on them tho.. wat other imports have that engine? im sure the additional cam and newer tech would go along way in our cars but the probs with insurance and engineering just really turns me off the whole idea...

i remember someone saying that if you say your cars is a 626 when you get it engineering then the engine number will match up and then you can just say you upgraded the head.. but that sounds like it would only work 1 day in every week ph34r.gif

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
40 replies since Oct 3 2002, 09:20 PM
Pages: (3) [1] 2 3 
<< Back to General Discussion