Engine Transplant, I^ Au > E series
EvilChief
The Evil One
Group: ATFC Moderator
Member No.: 146
Car Profile: Available
Posted:Feb 4 2004, 02:03 PM
Helo everyone,

Since I got bigger plans for my AU< i wanna get another car, however the work I have done to the I6 AU engine I dont wanna go to the shits. So I was thinking of getting an old EF Falcon of any sort and transplant the engine out of the AU into it. As far as I am concerned the engine mounts should be identical, however the reason why I wanna look at an EF is due to the wiring harness. The EFs were the first to use the variable length intake system.
My Question now is will the EF wiring harness be good enough for the AU engine to run or would I have to take the AU harness with me? If that is the case I my as well get an ED and transplant it into that.

Second of all is I got a T5 sitting at home which i cant fit to the AU, as they use a longer type, and i only got the older shorter transmission. In short words the T% is out of an EA, I presume I would need a new bellhousing to make that fit.

Also I wanna take the AU ECU with me into the new car, I know that the plugs for ECU havent changed since the EA to the AU, however converting it from Auto to Manual, should i reflash the ECU with the manual program? Mind u i got a custom ChipTorque chip on the AU ECU sitting ATM which has already giving me a fair wack of grief.

Any ideas and answers to my questions are appreciated.

Cheers
Mic

--------------------
WHOHOO ... got my opens today ... as much as it would matter to me anyway
... and 96 in the ash tray!

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
2 replies since Feb 4 2004, 02:03 PM

<< Back to Ford Tech Centre