Posted:--
Car Profile Comments

Member: hotsv1
Vehicle: 1989 Holden Commodore VN executive
Drivetrain: RWD
Engine: Naturally Aspirated 4 Cylinder
Car Category: Show Car
Profile Created: January 5, 2004

Owner Comments: This was my dad's car, 10 years ago I first modified this car and it turns into a never ending project. i am finally come to an end for this car project.

Car Profile Link: https://www.totalrpm.com/car/790

Fake_xu1
GMHOONS
Group: Moderators
Member No.: 138
Car Profile: Available
Posted:Jan 6 2004, 11:56 AM
wink.gif Not too sure about the wing and the stickers down the side! But hey i wouldn't complain if i was driving it! biggrin.gif Do you have an engine bay pic? I like the paint too!

--------------------
28 days... 6 hours... 42 minutes... 12 seconds

hotsv1
Group: Members
Member No.: 790
Posted:Jan 6 2004, 12:22 PM
the car is still at workshop doing final touch up. will be another 2 or 3 week b4 i can take a picture, will post it up after it, btw, the side sticker was 6400i instead of 5800i, becuase it was a 390ci, but have problem with it thats why i change to 5.8l + bullet proof bottom end. rest of the sticker on the side, well, is just for fun:P.

Fake_xu1
GMHOONS
Group: Moderators
Member No.: 138
Posted:Jan 6 2004, 12:32 PM
Excellent! good luck with the rest of the project! and look forward to seeing the new pics! smile.gif

anyway good to say another Holden on TotalRPM make sure you check out the Forums and add your thoughts... we need to get them a bit more active! biggrin.gif

--------------------
28 days... 6 hours... 42 minutes... 12 seconds

hotsv1
Posted:Jan 6 2004, 01:22 PM
no problem^^ hope i can get my car back on road asap so i can share my thoughts with u guys^^

hotsv1
Posted:Mar 25 2004, 12:51 PM
The car finally near completion, after some delay in the parts, and added few bits and pieces along the way.

pitty i have to go over sea and work, the beast will have to sleep in garage until i am back icon4.gif

plxcommodore
Member No.: 2045
Posted:Sep 7 2004, 02:22 PM
damn and how much did all this mods cost you? im wondering whether to do up my VN or do up a newer car, coz eventually you will need to replace each part of the car one by one so i duno if its worth doing up..

hotsv1
Posted:Sep 10 2004, 11:48 PM
how much did this cost me? enough to buy a new HSV, and still have spare money to modify. its a BIG HOLE to jump into, but hay, HSV dont do this kind of machine do they?

i started little, like change wheels and suspension, and then bodykit, and then.... out of hand.

what kinda newer car u are talking about,? VP-VS? if so keep to what u have now, they pretty much the same, except IRS, which i dnot think it really matter too much.

the car only worth doing it up when u think its worth it, if selling the car is ur goal in 1 year time, dont mod it, if u think about selling in 10 year time.. maybe u can put money into it, if u think about u going to keep ur whole life, ~~ PUT UR LIFE SAVING INTO IT lo..haha
and end up like me. got a mean machine.. but no money my self.

^^ good luck with ur decision lo. VN is good car if u do it rite. dont listen to some other ppl talk about crap that VN is not good. i dont think Vn is bad at all or else i would not put my money into it.

p.s. i have a jap celica 1996, i dont modify it much as i like V8 better icon4.gif just got different raw~~ smile.gif

This post has been edited by hotsv1 on Sep 17 2004, 02:10 AM

hotsv1
Posted:Sep 10 2004, 11:52 PM
sorry about all the 'lo' and 'la', its bad habbit ii got from my asian friends when i chat to them too much. ^^ hope u understand my typing.smile.gif

hotsv1
Posted:Sep 11 2004, 12:11 AM
car moving parts will need to replace overtime, but not just becuase AGE, its also how previous owner treat the car, my celica traveled 119000km, it runs like dream, but the car i drove overseas, NISSAN MARCH, it is also 1996, and travelled around 95000km, it already seems like it gonna crap it self out. (already replace trans 2 times, engine mount once, suspention once, etc). sometimes age is not the only factor.

i only had powersteer pump problem and suspension bush replaced on my car, but i replaced everything u can name, so i didnt really go through the lifespan for each car part.

if u worry about spent too much on repair the car, get a toyota corolla, i am sure it is very reliable. and pretty cheap parts too ( how u pull chicks with that car is another story:P). just joking:P .. good luck with ur VN and hopefully u wont change ur taste for VN:P .haha

plxcommodore
Posted:Sep 15 2004, 12:20 PM
fuck bro how much petrol do u burn on ur vn? how much u pay each week for a decent travel each week? and is ur exhaust like only the tip is big, or the whole muffler tube is big?

hotsv1
Posted:Sep 15 2004, 09:36 PM
how much gas? too much, its not a cruise machine for sure, basically 1L per every 3 km i think, therefore, i dont pay much at all, because i dont drive much, only for weekend drive. about 30$ per week should be plenty for fun drive, but not for long drive. the muffler is 5" at tip, but its already 3 and 1/2" all the way the the header, both side, 4 into 1 custom build extracto(equal length), HPC coated all the way through, 2 muffler per side, = 4 mufflers.. but still loud as in high RPM.

its got high cam so its a bit lumpy, but hay, i like it .. haha

hotsv1
  Posted:Sep 17 2004, 02:07 AM
i should put car's underside picture, forgot to do so, or else would be a really colourful picuture. i am not with my car at moment, (overseas again). hopefully can post some more photo up.

plxcommodore
Posted:Sep 20 2004, 02:48 PM
cool.gif hey u probably wil think im pretty dumb, but i need to know where to put two things into my VN..

1) where does the coolant go? does it go in the white water tank or can only water go in there? im not talking about the windscreen wiper tank, the other one which i think is for water? coz i havent put coolant in before. and do you mix it with water or put 100% coolant and how much do u put in?
2) where do u put Automatic Transmision Fluid in? this guy showed me before, it was a little hole, but i forgot where it was i dont wana put it in the wrong hole...

can u describe where abouts i put these 2 fluids into the car and how much i put in?
thanks heaps bro

plxcommodore
Posted:Sep 20 2004, 02:50 PM
shuriken.gif i know about coolant and i know if it mixes with water, it boils faster and is therefore less effective, but i duno where else to put it in? helpppppppp

hotsv1
  Posted:Sep 20 2004, 04:42 PM
hi, the transmission fluid u top up from where the measuring stick goes, top it up slowly. i am not sure how much trans fluid u need, as i get the car serviced.
for engine coolent, u top up from the cap where the radiator goes, but i think some VN u need to top up from the bottle, next to the window washer bottle. i think its best to use coolent not just plain water, becuase coolent have rust proof agent, therefore protect ur radiator and engine from rust(inside). u use the coolent as instruction says. use water only for temperary top up. and be sure to flush ur coolent every year to keep ur cooling department clean and efficient.

follow instruction at back of the coolent bottle.

any problem i am glad to help. if i know the answer

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
57 replies since Jan 5 2004, 06:07 PM
Pages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last »
<< Back to Car Profile Comments