Profile Created: September 6, 2004

Owner Comments: THE BIG BLUE VN COMMY

Car Profile Link: https://www.totalrpm.com/car/2035

da_vn
Group: Members
Member No.: 1985
Car Profile: Available
Posted:Sep 7 2004, 02:39 PM
Hay great to see another vn, got any plans for the exterior?
what stereo do u have in it?
I still got to do more shit to my vn
do your mates tell you that it is only a vn?
Cheers bro

madsav
Member No.: 2035
Posted:Sep 7 2004, 08:33 PM
just a sony head unit with explode 6x9`s in the back.
yeh me mates are always saying its just a vn , but still they go like a rocket.
soon i will be adding the vt clubsport frount & rear bumper`s with vs clubsport side skirts.
if you want any info on how to get more grunt from your commy you can add me to msn or send an e-mail to polley_christopher@hotmail.com

AntsVN89
Member No.: 1561
Posted:Sep 18 2004, 03:27 PM
dude vn's rock, everyone says its just a vn but thats just as sad as saying, dude its just a car. i mean come on, the things go pretty hard. and when done right. look nice. Mines me first car too, trying to get it good without lots of cash. they have a lot of power for what they cost, not many cars could beat them within the same price braket thats for sure. Keep doing it up !!!

hotsv1
Member No.: 790
Posted:Oct 3 2004, 02:08 AM
nice to see another VN on da web, n good luck with ur mods smile.gif. VN can go as far as u make them go, it have a great range of mods, from 200hp -1400hp, only thing stopping u is ur imagination. unlike some other cars even 'if' u have imagination, it will always be imagination smile.gif, dont under-estimate VN's potential. smile.gif

Van454
Member No.: 2414
Posted:Nov 30 2004, 11:15 AM
Firstly, the only stock vn that ran 14s was the groupA, and the v6 in Street Commodores was anything but stock. It took them alot of time and work to make it that quick so low 13s and 255rwhp seems more than a little optimistic. However that isn't unusual, how many times have you been told about a car with 9000 horsepower that does two second quarters? Best to smile and nod, don't bother arguing and don't start bagging peoples cars. Nothing personal, maybe your car is everything you say, but i've heard it a million times before. I guess you could just post the timeslips and the dyno readouts and it would shut a few people up. Or was it timed by a mate in the passenger seat and a "rough guess" on the HP?

madsav
Posted:Dec 1 2004, 12:35 AM
no sorry mate to be spot on the group A stock standed does a 1/4 mile at 14.74 seconds
with a manual gearbox,and also does 0-100 in 6.57 seconds, the stock VN v6 does a 1/4 mile at 15.62 seconds running an auto gearbox and the VN v6 manual ran 15.65 seconds down the 1/4 mile,and yet the amaze you again mate the vp v6 running stock with an auto gearbox run`s 15.5 seconds down the 1/4 mile, the vn holden commodore was lighter then the vp commodore. there for by myself running (STOCK) i was doing 14.81 seconds down the 1/4 mile.so by adding a few go fast parts it makes a VN V6 HOLDEN COMMODORE RUNNING A VP V6 MOTOR run easy 13`s down the 1/4 mile.

im more the happy to show anybody who passes by my little town the dyno sheet,and if then some people dont belive a little old vn can be the quick ,there`s a race track just around the block.
one last thing, for the record ive been around vn commodore`s since they came out in 1988, so over the year`s you could say when it come`s to vn`s,people come to me.

CHEERS
MADSAV shifty.gif

Van454
Posted:Dec 1 2004, 09:04 AM
It's funny, I would have called 14.7 a 14 sec 1/4. Why is it that first you say that a stock vn v6 does 15s but then say that you could run 14s in a vn with a stock vp motor,it actually takes alot of horsepower to knock more than two seconds of your quarter mile time, as anyone who has tried can attest. I never said your car couldn't do what you say, but if you've got the time sheets feel free to post them and I will be happy to withdraw my scepticism. Vns are a quick car and are the lightest of the 2nd gen commodores but for you to say that your v6 is over a second quicker than a group A with only minor mods is still a big call. Sorry if this is something that you find offensive as I don't believe that this is the point of these forums, however i'm sure you'll agree that there are many claims made that are difficult to beleive at best and you should be prepared to back up what you say.

madsav
Posted:Dec 1 2004, 03:28 PM
yeah i do agree there are alot of people who claim that there car can pump off 10`s down the 1/4 mile , but strangly when sumone has a stop watch there car does like 18`s . i would love to post the dyno sheet up for u mate but i dont have a scanner thats why i said id be happy to show people in person.and yes i do agree it is hard to lower your time down the 1/4 but for me 14`s is all i want for my car.

sickvn
Member No.: 3299
Posted:Jun 16 2005, 10:32 PM
HAHA mate very funny! just reading through and found this crap about vn and vp v6's. so u recon your vn has a stock standard buick v6 with no mods at all runing 14.8? i dont care if its a vn or vp v6 motor....vn's and vp's run about 16.6 down the quater with an auto which is good for its time and still keeps up with later model commo's, there is no way they run mid 15's with an auto, they take about 3 seconds to change into 2nd gear!! then they bog down coz the ratio change from 1st to 2nd is too great and its all over mate! unless u have a nos bottle hooked up to the thing 14.8 is a crock of shit

madsav
Posted:Jun 16 2005, 11:49 PM
mate if i was you i would be checking into where ever you got your info from,or go ask your holden dealer how quick does a vn/vp commodore run 1/4 mile?

and besides champ if you even bothered reading the spec sheet you would see that the car aint no stock vn.

also when you said it takes 2 or 3 seconds to change from 1st to 2nd,unless your car is forked it shouldent take that long,because i can tell you right now it dont take that long in my car.

or not unless your the type of guy who has nothing else better to do other then TRY and prove people wrong because eaither A)your car is crap and it scears you that other people have done better or B)your mummy and daddy brought your car for you because your to stuck up.

anyway mate when you get your facts right come talk to me in person.
have a good day .

Van454
Posted:Jun 17 2005, 10:02 AM
Are you still sticking to this crap that your vn does 13s? Give it up, I challenged you to put up or shut up and you didn't put up. Noone believes you, and they shouldn't. You rekon you've been around vn's since day one then you should know that it is you that doesn't have his facts straight. I guess that's why your performance claims were removed by that admin guys? The challenge is still there put up your dyno readouts and time sheets. It's not too hard to get access to a scanner so don't give us weak excuses. I guess you don't really spend to much time at the track or you would know how fast 13 sec really is.

Van454
Posted:Jun 17 2005, 10:05 AM
BTW I don't think that I would need to be scared of your car, I doubt that it would even come close to my car for power or speed down the 1/4. You don't know what a really powerful car is.

sickvn
Posted:Jun 17 2005, 12:38 PM
"mate if i was you i would be checking into where ever you got your info from,or go ask your holden dealer how quick does a vn/vp commodore run 1/4 mile?"

Are you being serious or are u the type of person who thinks a vn v6 auto is faster than a vn ss auto? gee i guess u are!! vn ss manual runs mid 15's and they have 165+kw's so dont give me crap about a wimpy buick v6 with 125kw's and 292nm's of torque in a 1350kg body with an auto that runs 15.6! mate a VZ with its alloytec motor ran 15.8 so what an old vn is faster? lol ill leave it at that ok just have a think about power to weight wink.gif

madsav
Posted:Jun 18 2005, 12:17 AM
mate why in hell should i (PUT UP OR SHUT UP) just to prove it to you???
how about both you to F**KERS get into the seat of a good running vn v6 auto and go for a run. then get back to me
and heres a little secret for yous,when i ran the 13 1/4mile i was running vortex,octain boost and 2 mothalls that how i pulled it off.dont belive me? go try it

also i can say that i dont spend all my time at the track,that was a one off thing.
look boys ( i have to call you boys because you dont act like men) where im from you dont messure how good a car is by looks/shape/size/weight. its all how you drive ,

and if that wasent the case then how come ive seen 4cyl non turbo standed cars keep up with the new ford xr6????

you see all cars aint the same,that a proven fact.mine on the other hand was built not for 1/4 mile racing but for street and drift.

so i would prefure it if you dont write your crap in here again.

thank you and kindest regards
christopher aka (MADSAV)

sickvn
Posted:Jun 18 2005, 11:42 AM
u do know that u mesure your car over 1/4 (MILE) not 1/4 kilometer? coz im sure a vn would do 13's over 250 meters wink.gif just making sure coz i know younger guys like you were taught with the metric system....why dont u try using rocket fuel and remove the fluffy dice and the lose nut behind the wheel and u might run 12's next time with the wind up your ass biggrin.gif

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
46 replies since Sep 6 2004, 05:40 PM
Pages: (3) [1] 2 3 
<< Back to Car Profile Comments