Posted:--
Car Profile Comments

Member: plxcommodore
Vehicle: 1989 Holden Commodore VN
Drivetrain: RWD
Engine: Super Charged 6 Cylinder
Car Category: Sleeper
Profile Created: September 7, 2004

Owner Comments: The best first car I think - takes up quite a lot of petrol, but its worth the speed and power of this car. I have a 1989 dark blue commodore berlina VN (v6 3.8L) and I am quite happy with it. Had to fix some stuff like the back lights, but its a very good car. I picked up mine for $1000 but it needed about $1500 of repairs, but it was worth the money. Very fast take off speed as there is no traction like in the later model commodores!~

Car Profile Link: https://www.totalrpm.com/car/2045

EVLTX5
Group: Members
Member No.: 1113
Car Profile: Available
Posted:Sep 7 2004, 02:17 PM
performance? VN? r u sure we're talking about the same car here? u can thrash em for about a week before they blow, u do relize the have i of the weaker if not weakest engine throught the whole commodore series?

da_vn
Member No.: 1985
Posted:Sep 7 2004, 02:28 PM
Hay great to c another Vn... What do u mean that they are not worth doin up?
Anyway my mates keep on remindin me that its only a vn

Cheers Bro

plxcommodore
Member No.: 2045
Posted:Sep 9 2004, 01:13 PM
lol at evltx5's car, mine will thrash urs anyday brother.. the VN motor isnt weak, it is fukin powerful, almost good enough to be a performance car bro!
da vn - sick cunt, well i duno to do it up or not, i keep changing my mind when i see body kits.. i was thinking of a clubsport body kit and then a new paint job, and fix up the interior just the appearance but i duno ...
and madsav wtf are u on about? i never mentioned my HP was 412 where did u get that from? i think and i wrote down my HP was only 168 but im not 100% sure. ur a idiot!
heheh

zorb_rules
Forum Junkie
Member No.: 1812
Posted:Sep 9 2004, 01:26 PM
dude fuckin relax a lil (excuse the language) im mean mate ya car prolly wouldnt beat evl Ive dragged a few vn 's in my tx5 and alothough there powerful they weigh a shitload mate. and Im sure the other dude wasnt talkin bout your horsepower he was talking bout that playboy chic with the astina so relax just a tad would ya

hotsv1
Member No.: 790
Posted:Sep 10 2004, 11:33 PM
hi, dude, nice to see another commodore here, dont listen to the shit some 'stereo type' ppl saying about VN commodores. truth is, the car will go as fast as ur POCKET allowed. u see, 'somebody' say they smoked some VN, but not every VN is the same.

u can build a drag machine that do 7-8second 1/4 mile if u have balls and money to do it, i believe that 'somebody' would not dare to challange that kind of machine icon4.gif.

the real question is, how much u liked the car? if u think of changing the car soon, then forget about modifying it, u are throwing ur money away.but on the other hand, if u planning to keep for quite a long time, then dude, go for it. icon4.gif

p.s. later model commodores are pretty much the same as vn, (vn-vs) except the IRS, i prefer standard rear (i even go back to VL diffs to fit 18x10 wheels),if u going for VT to VY, starting point would be more costly, but u get a nicer looking end product:P.

if u have limited budget. keep to what u have and start from there, icon4.gif

SABBAi
Regular Poster
Member No.: 918
Posted:Sep 20 2004, 02:42 PM
Plxcommodore, it's good to see young people getting into modifying and all, but drop the aattitude, and the swares...
I'm not saying all VN's are shitty, but unless you spend the money like hotsv1, your car isn't gonna win bathurst, or most street drags.
AS for the VN motor being weak, he's got some merrit with that, but that's only to do with the V6. It's an old Buick V6 design, from the 60's.
Also for the stock VN's this is there specs.

Year of Introduction: 1988
Engine: 3.8 litre EFI V6 ; 5.0 V8 EFI
Power: 125kW (V6) & 165kW (V8)
Transmission: 5 speed manual ; 4 speed Turbohydramatic ; 6 speed ZF manual (Group A)
Performance: 0 - 100 km/h 8.1 seconds (V6) 7.2 seconds (V8); Standing 400 metres 15.7 seconds (V6) 15.1 seconds (V8)
Production: 215,180
Price: $20,014
Wheels Car Of The Year 1989

Info from http://www.southgate.com.au/history.htm

So is it stock or Supercharged?? If it's supercharged, then it's not stock, as these motors never came in the VN's, and they're not "Plug 'N' Play" into older models either.

Yeah, I'm another one of those F**khead TX5 drivers....

zorb_rules
Forum Junkie
Posted:Sep 20 2004, 04:19 PM
Sabbai I really dont know what this guys on again he must be really whacked out but Im quite sure ive beaten stock vn's in my car...??? Havent you smile.gif and Im also quite sure this guys all talk. I mean wow he can rip a mad burnout well praise the lord I mean really whats the big deal yeah vn's weren't bad cars and yeah there quickish but so what so's my lil tx5 and for some reason I reckon that when running 15psi and woo's mod chip my 180kw's is gonna shit all over his.....but hey maybe Im wrong.

SABBAi
Regular Poster
Member No.: 918
Posted:Sep 20 2004, 05:26 PM
You may be able to make 180kw's, but, people like to argue on forums, especially over numbers. Realisticly, you should be able to make between 140-185kw. AS you can tell, I'm very loose about exact numbers. cool.gif

zorb_rules
Forum Junkie
Posted:Sep 20 2004, 06:41 PM
Yeah meant to tell ya too woo's chip is goin in next weekend I will contact you to let you know how it goes as soon as it happens. Once Ive done that Im gonna turn up the boost and get it dyno'd the following week I will then be able to provide proof for that statement (180kw's) or atleast 165kw's as woo says will be a minimum

plxcommodore
Posted:Sep 22 2004, 02:27 PM
shutup zorb u idiot , the Vns u raced were prolly not even racing , or they dont know how to drive
but my car can beat ur shit ford tx5 shit, there not that fast
and yeh mine is supercharged i got a new engine too
if u wana race, come down to parramatta and we will go hav a drag
tak it easyyyyyyyy

zorb_rules
Forum Junkie
Posted:Sep 22 2004, 04:22 PM
well dude if ya car is supercharged then its not bloody well stock is it maybe you need to update your profile mate! Dude ive raced vn's and beaten them mates of mine have raced vn's in their nissan pulsars have beaten them and ive raced one in a bloody hyudai excel my gf has and nearly beaten it. and mate tx5's arent that fast standard but mines not standard and ill admit that rather than goin around like sum1 else and saying my cars standard even though it has a new engine and is supercharged.

plxcommodore
Posted:Sep 28 2004, 09:41 AM
dude i think we should race man

Fake_xu1
GMHOONS
Group: Moderators
Member No.: 138
Posted:Sep 28 2004, 01:14 PM
My god! are you kids in Primary school? lets keep the senseless natter to ourselves... if you guys wanna race or talk crap.... use pm!!! offtopic.gif

--------------------
28 days... 6 hours... 42 minutes... 12 seconds

zorb_rules
Forum Junkie
Posted:Sep 29 2004, 12:02 AM
Hey fake XU not disrescpectin u or nuthin but we are talkin in his profile wats the big difference between that and pm?? Were talkin bout his cars and ours whats the big deal and if its his profile Im sure it shouldnt be a problem or is it??

Fake_xu1
GMHOONS
Group: Moderators
Member No.: 138
Posted:Sep 29 2004, 08:19 AM
Yeah, there are a few 'car profile comments' within your posts, but mostly there is no constructive criticism towards current mods and no real need to bring random cars that may or may not have beaten any number of random Commodores, none of which are releveant to this car profile...

That's all, you guys may want to rephrase your posts to become more relevant. so that other people interessted in reading the comments don't have to wade you careless banter! No-one cares if either of you think you can drag each other!.. again conduct your arguements over pm if at all!

--------------------
28 days... 6 hours... 42 minutes... 12 seconds

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
41 replies since Sep 7 2004, 02:03 PM
Pages: (3) [1] 2 3 
<< Back to Car Profile Comments