Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

security
Lee
Occasional Poster
Group: Members
Member No.: 83
Posted:Nov 9 2002, 04:21 AM
unfortunatly as statistics show more and more cars are flogged off each day - what would be the best preventative measures to keep your car secured from thieves?

ODIN
KLZE next year????
Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13
Car Profile: Available
Posted:Nov 9 2002, 07:04 AM
Brant Alarms

--------------------
mx6.com
My 2nd Gen MX6 Profile

Tas71e
Local Slut!
Member No.: 20
  Posted:Nov 9 2002, 09:32 AM
Boomerang tracker Systems

Or any tracking system
ultimately no car is safe from thieves if they want it they have it

i know a friend who returned to his car and found his tracker box and wires on the floor where his car used to be mad.gif

--------------------
Personally i prefer to insert my nitrous {N20}
rectally for the addded head buzz and long lasting effect

MY CAR PICTURES IN MEMBERS SECTION, VOTE!

mx68u
Admin
Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
Posted:Nov 13 2002, 02:26 AM
lee a good option that comes with a few alarms these days is to get your phone instantly messaged when your alarm is triggered, much cheaper and more convienent than a pager and could save your car from some damage by vandals or perhaps a theft... good feature imo...

manual kill switch with your alarm too, club lock (decent one) and maybe one of those wheel clamps..but they would be a hassle to put on all the time and further more i dunno if they are kind on rims smile.gif

Lee
Occasional Poster
Posted:Nov 15 2002, 02:41 PM
hey wouldn't the messagebank server have to update therefore producing late messages resulting in car good buy -tho im getting that a pager system would be much more realtime.
yeh i think any tracker alarm is the best in the market currently - but they dont come to cheaply to purchase.

mx68u
Admin
Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
Posted:Nov 15 2002, 03:33 PM
i would imagine they would make such services real-time... doesnt really serve a purpose otherwise... i havent got one myself but im pretty sure that the messages are instant since it wouldnt be very costly or hard to implement, best check with the alarm retaliers tho tongue.gif

Lee
Occasional Poster
Posted:Nov 15 2002, 03:44 PM
yep i'll think i will take that up. smile.gif

missy17
Member No.: 2230
Posted:Oct 15 2004, 01:30 PM
I just hav an autobarn alarm system with microwave only about $500 and what u do is just have it set at real sensitive, You cant even look in my windows without the alarm going offf which is good when u have a half decent sound system. Its a bit of a pain though as its forever goiuing off. Its also a good help if other family members have good cars with no alrm just park them besides each other and one car alarms the other biggrin.gif I do suggest tho you get the installers to show u how to change the sensitivity of it so if ur going somewhere where alarm is bound to go off 1000 times u can put it as less sensitive smile.gif Hope that helps

NVD05X
Member No.: 1596
Posted:Jan 26 2005, 05:33 PM
any alarm system is only as good as the installer that fitted it.

i've seen cars taken with tracking systems fitted.

if they want your car they will tow it onto a tilt tray and drive off.

there are many alarms out there that are expensive and will do the same thing as a cheaper one.

if you want more peace of mind and dont mind paying a bit more i'd go for a black widow traker. these can be had these days for around a grand fitted.. i dont know about the quality of the install though

if you just want a message sent to your phone get a Rino Ram... that also has the feature where you can have multiple outputs from the alarm that can be turned on or off by a sms from your phone... i had one on the fuel pump... if someone takes your car you sms it and the fuel pump dies... the car aint goin anywhere! but for 1300 fitted its a bit expensive

if you want a cheap but still very good alarm i'd go for the dynamco s75b... its a simple alarm system with no tracking or sms ability but it has optional 3 point immobilisation and comes with a shock sensor and a glass break sensor as well as a battery back up siren... these were going for around 500 fitted at one stage

--------------------
'91 AE92 4AGTE SX HATCH

145.3KW ATW @6500RPM ON 15PSI

cheers,
Dave

highmyster
Member No.: 3885
Posted:Feb 1 2006, 02:59 AM
I have a viper alarm sysytem in my car, i have a problem with it though. when i push the lock nothing happens. i was wondering if any one can help
unsure.gif

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
11 replies since Nov 9 2002, 04:21 AM

<< Back to Car Audio and Electricals