Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Xb351 Update
XB351
Group: Members
Member No.: 364
Posted:Aug 4 2003, 11:17 AM
Well whats been happening?? Quiet in here. So I'd thought I'd give you guys an update.

Thanks to Victorian TMU (Police) the XB is now off the road. The car was found defective due to excessive handbrake clicks and the MT drag slicks it was running. This was done while I was helping out a sound engineer which captured the sound of the XB's V8. Car was parked for over 1/2hr before the TMU arrived and deemed the vehicle defective. The XB was mainly a street reg'd drag car anyway. I am currently in the middle of figuring out how they hell to get it registered again! mad.gif If my mate hadn't done a donut? It'd be still registered. So far I have to put the standard tank back in and pull out the $2000 fuel system that was installed in Feb 2003.

Due to engineers not allowing the use of a 5.8lt engine in a small car. I am stuck using the XB Fairmont chassis.

So I've sold the 2V race ported heads. Sold on the 25/07/2003. I will be placing my order for some CHI alloy heads when John from CHI (AUST) comes back from the USA. Dave @ Bert Kewish (Dandenong) has the auto. Hopefully Dave can build a stronger auto than Pitstop Performance (Hastings) did. The auto is getting all the good bits that it should have had in it. When the auto goes back in the car it'll also have a 4500rpm Dominator hi-stall convertor. Due to the heads 4V 4-1 extractors are also required. I think I'll be able to kiss the 12.95 goodbye and hopefully welcome better 1/4 mile times.

While the aboves happening. I'll be changing what I have to. Hopefully the XB will pass a roadworthy without too many issues.

I am hoping to crack around 300kw @ the rear wheels. Current best was 230rwkw with pipes on. innocent.gif

XB351
Group: Members
Member No.: 364
Posted:Jan 2 2004, 10:14 AM
Short story is.

$5000 later and:

208cc Alloy cylinder heads are on (they flow 680hp). The old heads flowed 494hp.
4500rpm Convertor shop histall is in.
Full manualised C4 in.

Goes quite well untuned. Bagging 10.5" drag slicks without an issue. Should have it tuned in Jan 2004 to sort a few small issues. Then off to the track. Guestimate on hp @ the fly is around 570hp. Used to have 450hp.

Brenden

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
3 replies since Aug 4 2003, 11:17 AM

<< Back to Sit Back and Relax