My 6 Is So Ugly :(
mx68u
Admin
Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
Car Profile: Available
Posted:Jun 6 2003, 11:17 AM
Hey Guys,

2 days ago i was driving off to the auto parts store to get some hose clamps so i can strap some exhaust wrap on my intercooler piping from the turbo to intercooler, exhaust manifold is pretty close, and as i was traveling straight this bloody clown pulled out of a side street, from the opposite side of the road, and took out the driver's side of my car, thanks to the camry driver the drivers side door doesnt open and the right quater panel is completely wrecked. As a consequence of the impact my left rear wheel scraped against the kerb, since its chrome shadow the only option i have is to respray the wheels a different colour sad.gif

to make matters worse the guy that smashed into me implied that it was my fault and then stated that "your not getting any money out of me", he had his two kids in the car, what a role model...

This takes the cake, i got back home to retrieve my camera to return to the scene and take photo evidence, i have a look at my insurance policy which sent me in a state of shock, unfortunately insurance expired on the 27th of May blink.gif, i knew it was coming up but thought it was due at the same time as rego (17th june), just been too fuken busy to check.. crying.gif

Anywayz, im lodged in a claim and its under consideration, i've renewed my insurance, so with any luck NRMA will persue this piece of shit...

unfortunately i wasnt able to get any witnesses, lady on the side of the road said she was attending her child and didnt see a thing (read: no visa) and even after hanging around the scene for 30 mins asking ppl coming out of the nearby shops no one saw a thing, so its my word against him... im fairly confident that the damage tells the story, plus the damage to the wheel and kerb.. i just hope NRMA will take the case for me..

sad.gif

will get some pics of the damage soon

2Rusty
Occasional Poster
Group: Members
Member No.: 114
Posted:Jun 6 2003, 01:04 PM
Wow man, I can't believe the streak of bad luck you've been having. Here you go clover.gif
Hope things start to turn around for ya.

--------------------
1992 MX-6 GT turbo

Rodhog
Group: Moderators
Member No.: 19
Posted:Jun 6 2003, 03:54 PM
Bro your not at fault
DId you fill out a police report on the phone (if not do it now) he might hav don one already but you shoudl if you have his details.

With your photo's it will always be his fualt. He entered a street His fault end of story
How bad is it, if you want I might be able ot give you an idea of the costs to repair an what must be doen I have had my whole left side done, (reason I have had 3 new front 1/4 panels ) same thing.
My problem was they repaired my old 3/4 sking instead of cutting it out and adding a new section.

--------------------
Winning is Winning
Fair or not
Perform on the Day
It's wasn't Me

RODHOG PROFILE

mx68u
Admin
Posted:Jun 6 2003, 04:04 PM
hmmm i dunno.. cutting out the old and welding a new quarter panel does sound better than just trying to straighten out the damage and filling it with putty. will get pics this arvo so you can have a better look at the damage.. i will be gettin the damage assesed in early next week aswell...

yeah i actually did do a P5 with the police over the phone.. funnily enough they are no longer essential, its preferred by some insurance companies but since the police dont play any part in the resolution process its completely optional now..

yeah the damage pretty much tells the story, my only concern is about persuing the cunt.. basically if NRMA wont touch the case, since my insurance did expire before the accident, then i will have to take the clown to court myself, thank god there are some very capable and decent friends close to me that are willing to help out cool.gif

with any luck ill get all those pain in the ass dings removed, all the scratches around the car and a new set of rims.. but really i just want to drive the beast again...

Rodhog
Posted:Jun 6 2003, 04:08 PM
well the NRMA had to get moeny out o the guy that did that to me too.
I just had to agree to testify in court, never went that far but hey I would have.

--------------------
Winning is Winning
Fair or not
Perform on the Day
It's wasn't Me

RODHOG PROFILE

ODIN
KLZE next year????
Member No.: 13
Posted:Jun 7 2003, 02:56 PM
Damn your having a bad run of things sad.gif

--------------------
mx6.com
My 2nd Gen MX6 Profile

mx68u
Admin
Posted:Jun 8 2003, 03:50 PM
close up

Attached Image

Attached Image

mx68u
Admin
Posted:Jun 8 2003, 03:51 PM
side rear

Attached Image

Attached Image

mx68u
Admin
Posted:Jun 8 2003, 03:52 PM
front side

Attached Image

Attached Image

mx68u
Admin
Posted:Jun 8 2003, 03:54 PM
left wheel scrape from kerb after impact

Attached Image

Attached Image

mx68u
Admin
Posted:Jun 8 2003, 04:00 PM
left wheel control arm, bent from left wheel hitting kerb..

Attached Image

Attached Image

Rodhog
Posted:Jun 9 2003, 01:08 AM
Makes me so sad bro

but I have to say i that insurnace if it was your fault would write the car off

3 options in fixing that

it's the rear 1/4 the problem paneel beat it out as much as they can fill the rest ???
but most comon and cheapest

2nd proberly what you get recomended it cut and replace with new metal but as it's above the crease line

I would say 3rd option 1/4 panel transfer, you get a good snd hand panel in weld it in place.

I know a guy who had ot get it doen to his GT-R, lucky for him it was not his fault Corrollar hit and went down the side and did unseen damage to the innner guard.

but I dont' thingk you will have to worry too much about glass removal. Etc

Just hope you get this bastard

--------------------
Winning is Winning
Fair or not
Perform on the Day
It's wasn't Me

RODHOG PROFILE

mx68u
Admin
Posted:Jun 16 2003, 12:28 PM
well i've decided on a smash repairer, after checking out about 6 they seem like the best option.

as far as the repair strategy is concerned in really depends on what NRMA approve, and since they are tight bastards i doubt they are going to weld a new panel since its labour intensive and will cost quite a bit more. Most probably it will be just banged out and putty'd out to make it "smooth", hope they dont bog it up too much..

fault is still being disputed rolleyes.gif but im fairly confident all will go thru ok, should have my car back in its proper shape within a fornight with any luck biggrin.gif

EvilChief
The Evil One
Group: ATFC Moderator
Member No.: 146
Posted:Jun 16 2003, 03:59 PM
dont get em to bog it!!!!!!!

never ever do it ... it will be fine for a few years but then u will have nothing than trouble with cracking paint etc ...

get them to do it the proper way even thou it will cost the insurance company more ... make em pay ... otherwise u will end up with a bill on ur hands in years to come ...

--------------------
WHOHOO ... got my opens today ... as much as it would matter to me anyway
... and 96 in the ash tray!

mx68u
Admin
Posted:Jun 16 2003, 06:29 PM
yeah that was exactly my concern, i spoke to the repairer and basically he said putty is required to smooth it out but thats the only purpose it serves, he re-assured me that the least amount of putty would be used...

needless to say i will be going around to check it out before they spray it wink.gif

Rodhog
Posted:Jun 17 2003, 03:21 AM
It's not like they bog it 2Cm thick or worse

They cut into fro mthe inside remove a bit of internal panel (they weld it back latter)
THey take about 3 days jsut to beat the living shit out of it, I saw mine after I had to remove the interior due to some wireing. they only apply a light shim of filler, it's very light then they sand it back then thy paint, that's how it's suppose to be done.
I know my bonnet is fairly bogged on the end, but I dont care, I want to add vents to it.
Amazingly my paint has not cracked even with the heat.

--------------------
Winning is Winning
Fair or not
Perform on the Day
It's wasn't Me

RODHOG PROFILE

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
20 replies since Jun 6 2003, 11:17 AM
Pages: (2) [1] 2 
<< Back to General Discussion